PDA

View Full Version : Z/Kfx/Dvx questions

Hon300ex
03-25-2006, 01:51 PM
I have a few questions about these quads and if you guys could answer them it would be great. Im thinkin about gettin one and I just wanted some more information.

The 03 z's had frame problems. Was the change made to the 04 or the 05 models?

Dvx's didnt get the change for 05 that the z's and kfx's got right? Did they get that change for 06? Would that mean that dvx's dont have the coolant problem?

Is the problem with the coolant leaking into the oil going to become a recal? I would probably buy new but I dont want a new quad with problems already even though it can be fixed.

For those of you that have 05-06 models, did the dealer change the magnesium cover to an aluminum one free of charge?

Sorry for the questions..... if you could help me it would be great

indyZrider
03-25-2006, 05:01 PM
the 05 Z's supposedly have the frame problem corrected- i have an 04 and got the frame gusseted and pc'd and my brother has a stock 05 and i didnt see a difference in the stock 04 and 05 frames

as far as the cover problems on other sites some of the guys are saying their dealer is replacing the covers free and some are not having any luck--guess you should ask your dealer

Hon300ex
03-27-2006, 05:34 PM
anyone else?

YFZ450Ridr
03-27-2006, 06:31 PM
the 03 was the only year with the frame problem. you can tell if its the newer frame or not because only the 03s have a grab bar on the back that you cannot take off. in 04 and ever since they have a new company building frames for them and they wont crack.

i have an 03 and the frame is perfectly fine but i dont race MX and rarely ever jump it. if you race or ride MX dont get an 03!

MoToX199
03-28-2006, 01:40 PM
the frame breakage issue has been solved,the new frame are now guessted,yea the dvx has the coolant problem also,its the same exact motor as a z/kfx, and it all depends on dealer or not if they will fix the coolant corrosion problem i havent brought it up to my dealer about gettin it changed yet, but you will love the z its a great quad