PDA

View Full Version : jetting

rooster400ex
03-25-2006, 12:04 PM
i'm going get an hmf slip on for my 400 so what involved in the jetting process? my dad says that i might have to take the carb apart...

nicktrx400ex
03-25-2006, 06:52 PM
if u mean wats involved n jetting it means basicaly takin the holecarb off the bike takin alot of it apart and changing parts out and pretty much with wat jet kit u use instructions. its alot of work to do if ur a beginer. i had one of my dads friends come and do it it took him an hr. to show me and let me do it.

Sjorge450R
03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
its not hard, all you will need to do is change the main jet.

you will loosen the hose clamps on both sides of the carb (intake and air filter)

slide the carb out

turn it upside down

take off the big nut

take a screw driver and remove the old jet

snug the new one in

put it back together.

2004exrider
03-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Dont take the carb off, youll only have to change the main jet if thats your only mod. To change it, look on the bottom of your carb there is a 17mm cap remove and now get a 6mm socket and take out the main jet and swap in the one HMF sends you. To explain to your dad, tell him that when you free up air flow you need more gas or else it wont get enough. The bigger main jet will let more in so it runs better and it wont be running lean which can destroy an engine if ran long enough.

Jimmy

rooster400ex
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
thanks very much