PDA

View Full Version : What other mods do I need?

jakslap
03-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I've got an 01 ex with the following mods. What's the next must have mod for under $300?

~JETED
~PRO CIRCUIT EXHAUST
~K&N AIR FILTER
~NERF BARS
~RAZOR TIRES W/ FRONT STUDS
~SHOCK COVERS
~ONEIL BARS
~REAR SKID PLATE
~SHORTY F. RACE BRAKE LEVER
~FRONT HUB EXTENSIONS
~AFTERMARKET EXTENDED REAR AXLE / SPROCKET HUB
~AFTERMARKET STEM
~EHS AIR BOX LID (PRE-FILTER)

One other thing... I run down a lot of seasonal roads (near Rochester, NY, and in Allegany County, NY) and hit top-end a lot. The thing is loud and it sounds like it's about wound tight. Can I just keep it hammered or do I have to lay off a little? Full throttle OK for long stretches? Haven't had it too long and would hate to blow her up. I thought I heard that the revbox would prevent damage, but wasn't sure.

It's my first ex--glad I went with it.

:D

450r51
03-25-2006, 11:00 AM
for under $300 i would say nothing, save ur money and get some suspension mods:

a-arms
shocks
linkage
swingarm

even for the weekend rider and fast trail rider suspension will help and make your experience a ton better.

and i see u live in rochester....i live in buffalo and ride all over ny,ohio, and pa.

400ex28
03-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Suspension

TheFontMaster
03-25-2006, 04:05 PM
For 300 dollars you could pick up a nice set of used works shocks set up close to your wieght and riding style. That would make the biggest improovemet. Or the other thing I would go with, and which is a must have on any quad I own are nerf bars.

400exrules
03-25-2006, 04:08 PM
are shocks worth it without new a-arms? cuz i race harescambles, and its extremely tight, so i cant get wider a-arms, but new suspension would be nice.

TheFontMaster
03-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
are shocks worth it without new a-arms? cuz i race harescambles, and its extremely tight, so i cant get wider a-arms, but new suspension would be nice.

They are very much worth it. Even with stock a arms aftermarket shocks make a huge difference in how your quad handles.

250rinLV
03-25-2006, 05:37 PM
i think u should sell it and get a 250r..... LOL

for under 300 dollars i would say get a steering stabilzer. even though i dont know what the terrain is like down there i race desert out in nevada and it helped me a bunch.

another idea. i dont have one on my 250r but my ktm has a hydraulic clutch and it is sooooo smooth. i think u can find one for under $300