PDA

View Full Version : Coos Bay Dunes

norcalatver
03-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Going to Coos Bay from the 8th to 15th of April with my family. Any one interested in some riding?

brokenbones
03-26-2006, 08:08 AM
will be at florence for easter

guinness77
03-27-2006, 08:37 AM
My motor is being rebuilt. Cylinder honed, etc. If it's ready by then I'll be all over the dunes. I'm already going through withdrawles

norcalatver
03-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Tim! You got your computer up and running again I see! Getting your motor freshened up or adding some goodies while your in there? Good to hesr from you. Hope to see you in the dunes!

lainracing
03-28-2006, 09:57 PM
were going to be in winchester bay 8-12 spring break we live in redding ca.there's going to be about 45 to 50 different familys staying at discovery point and windy cove.hope to see you there if not have a safe trip.

guinness77
03-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Yeah .. got the new puter up. But now the quad is down. I can always rent one.. A 250 Trailblazer. Let's see.. April 8th to the 15th. I should know by the 5th what day's off I'm going to have.

Stay in touch,

Tim

Dan_Guetter
03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Coo's bay rocks.....i live 40 min from glamis and it has nothing on the oregon dunes

wilkin250r
03-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
Coo's bay rocks.....i live 40 min from glamis and it has nothing on the oregon dunes

We're all still wondering when you're going to be filming these exotic dune locations.

z400roosteR
03-29-2006, 08:08 PM
Just got back from a 6day trip (3 at florence 3 at coos). It was awesome, although coos was MUCH more beat up then florence.

JOEX
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
I was at Florence on Saturday for the SOLV Beach Clean Up. The weather cooperated for us but I was sore for three days afterward, i'm soooo outta shape:scary:

I wanna go back:devil:

z400roosteR
03-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I was at Florence on Saturday for the SOLV Beach Clean Up. The weather cooperated for us but I was sore for three days afterward, i'm soooo outta shape:scary:

I wanna go back:devil:
so was I where'd you stay?

JOEX
03-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
so was I where'd you stay?
Just a day trip, parked at Goose Pasture.:)

Rico400
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM
going to florance weekend of 21st... are they that harsh on db? like should we be expecting tickets lol

400ex-white bros no packing and all rings so loud
400ex-hmf no quit core
CPI banshee pipes
FMF banshee pipes
450r with endcap from hrc kit

sorry for thread jacking, but was just wondering since yall have been there recently it seems like

guinness77
04-05-2006, 12:54 AM
If the police are out there, expect a test. 93Db is the limit. 95 MIGHT get you a warning, Since you have 400's you might squeek-by by reducing you're throttle as you pass them. Fines are around $200.00.

400EX QUADER
04-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Have fun gettin a ticket...:blah:

z400roosteR
04-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Rico400
going to florance weekend of 21st... are they that harsh on db? like should we be expecting tickets lol

400ex-white bros no packing and all rings so loud
400ex-hmf no quit core
CPI banshee pipes
FMF banshee pipes
450r with endcap from hrc kit

sorry for thread jacking, but was just wondering since yall have been there recently it seems like
Depends what park your stayin' at. If you are going to honeyman then you had better idle your *** out of the park and over the hill cause those rangers are dickheads with a badge on a powertrip. We had our coach on the pavement spot and the 4 quads lined up one behind the other and half of the left side tires were touching the dirt and they came by threatening to write us tickets. Now if you go to like siltcoos then you will be fine we had 2 400's w/ HMF's no quietcores a YFZ-450 w/ HMF a 660R with a LRD and not a single problem and we rode out in bottom of second gear.

JOEX
04-05-2006, 09:03 PM
If you keep things mellow around the populated areas; campground, flats, beach and the sand roads leading to the beach etc. and don't go hot rodding around the sand campers you'll probably be fine.

Just remember, the more loud noises the less riding area. I was there a couple of weeks ago and Comp Hill is not too far from the border now:ermm:

z400roosteR
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I was there a couple of weeks ago and Comp Hill is not too far from the border now:ermm:
This is true it's getting smaller....:ermm:

Rico400
04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
u guys ever camped driftwood? thats where our reservations are set for. is it a decent spot or what? close to riding area?

JOEX
04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
u guys ever camped driftwood? thats where our reservations are set for. is it a decent spot or what? close to riding area?
We've stayed there many times, nice place, quiet for the most part and they recently added showers:cool:

A few hundred yards of whoops and you're in the flats then the open dunes:D

For me it's a toss up what's better; Driftwood II or Horsfall;)

Rico400
04-10-2006, 10:13 PM
sweet showers!!! lol. thxx for the info and the quick response! o ya 1 more question.

is it possible to pay like 10 bucks to add a truck to a camp spot. we got like 5 trucks and only 2 spots :( . dont really wanna pay for an entire new spot just to park cars. lol

LRacing
04-10-2006, 10:27 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're all still wondering when you're going to be filming these exotic dune locations.

Check out the Fallout Volume One...best dune segment ever. And it's in the Oregon Dunes

z400roosteR
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
sweet showers!!! lol. thxx for the info and the quick response! o ya 1 more question.

is it possible to pay like 10 bucks to add a truck to a camp spot. we got like 5 trucks and only 2 spots :( . dont really wanna pay for an entire new spot just to park cars. lol
Probably is 5 bucks per truck, might be worth it to get the extra spot and have the room!

JOEX
04-11-2006, 01:25 PM

You're only allowed two vehicles per site. There's no extra charge for the second vehicle.

We usually get an extra spot just to park the quads;)

Rico400
04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
lol well hopefully we have enough room. we got a huge f-350 with a trailor, old flat bed chevy that holds 4 quads :), a bronco 2, and a suburban. is what we got it down to. lol

and like 8-10 quads total. and 2 camp spots :( ... i guess we will have to work something out. lol

o well hey joex thxx for all the quick answers, this is our first time actually staying at driftwood. usually we just go to sand lake, a little closer and a little safer with this young kids. when we do go to florance its just to stay in the day use.

hopefully we will see u in the dunes some day!

JOEX
04-12-2006, 08:35 PM
lol well hopefully we have enough room. we got a huge f-350 with a trailor, old flat bed chevy that holds 4 quads :), a bronco 2, and a suburban. is what we got it down to. lol

and like 8-10 quads total. and 2 camp spots :( ... i guess we will have to work something out. lol

o well hey joex thxx for all the quick answers, this is our first time actually staying at driftwood. usually we just go to sand lake, a little closer and a little safer with this young kids. when we do go to florance its just to stay in the day use.

hopefully we will see u in the dunes some day!
All that in two spots? It'll be a tight squeeze:eek: :p You may want to consider getting another spot if you can. Even if it's away from your current sites it could be used for one of the trucks and/or the trailer.

I don't really consider SL a safe place for the kids unless it's during the week. On the weekends there're too many people in too small of an area for my taste:ermm:

Have fun and we just may meet up sometime on the sand:cool:

Rico400
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
ya well we dont usually go to sl on busy days.

we can fit that many at sl. lol we will manage.

lainracing
04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
here's some pic over our trip to the dunes

lainracing
04-13-2006, 06:44 PM
here'e me jumping

lainracing
04-13-2006, 06:45 PM
just another