PDA

View Full Version : Questions on my Yoshi

QuadJunkies
07-26-2002, 12:08 AM
Ok, this has big a big pain in the _SS! im hoping you all can help me out..., we started with a Yoshi slip on and K&Nair filter with an open airbox with a DJ170..NOw we are buying the Yoshi header to go complete,decided later on go go with the whole thing,but now,no one... and I do mean no one.. knows the answer to my question...Is there any need to Re-jet?Yoshi doesnt know,Honda doesnt know,Denton racing doesnt know,dyno doesnt know..I am hoping some of you know any ideas?As far as I know,the170 is the largest main jet for the 400ex....Thanks

Castor-426ex
07-26-2002, 12:16 AM
the only real way to tell is to just do it...if the headpipe is larger than the stock...you more than likely may have to do a minor re-jet... question though,,,I have a big gun complete system...But i was going to buy just a slip on first and the headpipe later....but they said the slip on wouldnt fit the big gun headpipe...im wondering if its the same with your Yosh??

later good luck

QuadJunkies
07-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Castor400-ex~~Ummmm Let me see if I understand you first..You were wondering if maybe my pipe wont fit right since i purchased it as a slip on? It depends on the model?We called and talked to Yoshi and apparently there is a model(the one we bought)that you can buy separate pieces,and some you cant.Our header should fit fine.at least it better!They said it would,It will be here on tues.,so i guess we will see...They said it should be a breeze to put on too.I cantwait to see what a difference it makes,raced one on a 400ex and he flew hill climbing.. :)

YLW400
07-26-2002, 10:19 AM
I don't think the header will require you to re-jet, especially since you are running a 170 K&N, open airbox combo, I think it will be fine