PDA

View Full Version : Es vs Kicker

GIXXER1KR
03-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I beleive the pros and everyone who is serious about racing dont race the ER for the simple point that less electronics are more reliable on the track and a highly modded motor is way to much strain on a starter.There leg can deal with a fully built motor with a big bore kit and higher compression!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tater049
02-27-2007, 08:04 PM
thats not really the reason. The reason is there is less weight on the bike, if there is kick. Another reason, is you can start the bike quicker with kick. Others simply like kick, and others just smply dont need it when they race.

Sjorge450R
02-28-2007, 04:15 AM
i dont konw about you guys, but im kinda light, so on the start, I stand on the kicker with almost all my weight while my left leg is just chilling above the left peg and when that flag drops so does my body and I just pin it. Then again, I have a rekluse...

Tater049
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
yea you race, im just explaining that this kid is wrong.

MossboysRacing
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
having both owned a 2004 and now a 2006 450er i can see the pros and cons of both. in mc thats a no brainer, kicker all the way, because the engine is already running at the start and less weight. I race xc, i liked the how fast the engine started with the kicker on the start as long as it started on the first kick, if it didnt you basically left the line in last:( . l love my ER, it starts quick on the line and if you stall it on some crazy steep hill or off camber you dont have to whip out the old kicker and start kicking, and after 2 hours of racing you tend to get a little tired. i do plan however to add the kicker to my er just for the extra backup.jeff

jshtex
02-28-2007, 07:17 PM
We just retired an 04 yfz from three seasons of hard xc racing. Originaly I bought the yfz over the R because of the electric start.

But, i replaced the yfz with an brand new 05 R that our sponsor still had in the crate. And so far in four races we have four holeshots. The first race this season (last weekend www.atvccs.com) there were 15 bikes on the line in our pro class and the kicker beat them all to the first turn.

Here is a video from the pro class start (it's the first thing on the video).

ATVCCS Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2011648262)

My point is don't be afraid of the kicker.

Tater049
02-28-2007, 07:59 PM
ya there can always be that steep hill or something that can get ya when you got the kicker