PDA

View Full Version : Which to buy?

EvilMaximus
03-24-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm stuck between the HMF Bill Ballance S/O with a Powerbomb header($460.00) or a YOSHIMURA RS3 COMP SERIES STAINLESS Full($360.00). I'm am a novice rider and don't plan on riding MX, just riding trails and dunes...Just want something a bit better then stock, plan on getting a stage2 Hotcam next...which exhaust would be better me ? Or should i go with the HMF sport and the powerbomb? The $100 diff could go towards the cam....Any sug. would be very helpful..Thx

killa03ex
03-25-2006, 08:54 AM
if I were you id just get the hmf sport series because its just as good and not as expensive and if you are going to get a cam next I would suggest using a stage one cam or do like I did when I bought my cam and get a high compression piston with it because the stage 2 is a big step up in cam size for a bone stock engine....just my 2cents

frickle400ex
03-25-2006, 09:15 AM
yoshimura..better deal and 100$ less..and not stock.

04'400ex'er
03-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by killa03ex
if I were you id just get the hmf sport series because its just as good and not as expensive and if you are going to get a cam next I would suggest using a stage one cam or do like I did when I bought my cam and get a high compression piston with it because the stage 2 is a big step up in cam size for a bone stock engine....just my 2cents The stage 2 is no harder on a stock motor than the stage 1. They are both drop in cams and will not harm a stock motor. The only possibilitys of harm on a stock motor is when you add an aftermarket rev box. With the extra 1000 rpm's, you take a chance of floating a valve on the stock springs.

To Evil, I would look on ebay for the HMF sport series full system. You can find them for around $410. Remember that when you buy a powerbomb, you are getting a stock diameter head pipe. The HMF full swallows the stock header. The extra diameter wont help a whole lot on a stock motor, but once you add the cam and maybe a piston and such, the HMF will start to shine over the smaller powerbong.

redracer10
03-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Are you crazy? Stage 2 are made for 440 engines not a stock engine.. Stage 1 are made for a non-bored engine. what would be the point in having 2 stages if they were the exact same thing?

BORY
03-25-2006, 02:40 PM
yoshi all the way its worth it

jordan_m6
03-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by redracer10
Are you crazy? Stage 2 are made for 440 engines not a stock engine.. Stage 1 are made for a non-bored engine. what would be the point in having 2 stages if they were the exact same thing?

I think you dont understand what he is saying.

due to the larger piston taking more fuel and air. and also makeing more gasses, you need to keep your valves open longer and without hd springs that arnt needed for stage one. you have a chance of the valve not closing when it is supposed to and taking a chance on hitting the piston.

you may be able to run a stage 2 but that means new valve springs = more money. but with a stage one it is a direct bolt on.