PDA

View Full Version : Need help with building jumps

jhr400EX
07-25-2002, 10:50 PM
What is the easiest way to build a few small 3 to 4 foot tall jumps? I was thinking of maybe taking a 55 gal oil drum and laying it down and covering it with dirt. Or maybe i'll steal my next door neighbor's car and cover it with dirt :devil

yamaha1470
07-26-2002, 05:10 AM
By me they rent little dozers and cranes and stuff. You should try that out. its your best bet

Foxrage
07-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Anything that you can barry will work i have big water tanks and wood and tires just about anything that will take up space i even have a bath tub under one. If you want to see pics go to the"how the he!!' Post below on the second page of it is pics.

Your best bet is to rent a dozer or some thing but whatever is cheaper and you dont have the cash just start diggin.

roostin_dale
07-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Just take some old trash can's.....some friends...some shovels....and a lot of hard working hours! Then that work will really pay off!

jhr400EX
07-28-2002, 02:35 AM
I am going to see if my dad's friend will loan me his bobcat for a few days. anything is better than those shovels me and my friends are using now

FoxRacing400EX
07-28-2002, 12:40 PM
lol don't like them shovels huh? :D I've built two jumps with nothing but a wheelbarow, shovel, and an army of gophers doing my excavating. I started building the jumps for bmx. Just small ones to get techinical stuff down. But then I ended up getting my quad and the jumps had to grow. They've been changed quite a bit since I first built them, and get bigger pretty much one wheelbarrow load at a time, but it takes forever to build that way. If I had the money or access to get a bobcat I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Sick0
07-28-2002, 06:52 PM
Well we a jumps at my friends house, Wehad more than 300 jumps. Its was a great place. But it toke alot of people and time to to built them.
The best way to make a quad jumps is to find some kinda dirt hill or pile thats about the size of the jump you are looking for and start diging. All of the jumps we made where made by hand, thats why are jumps are so small. We are going to make a kicker that we can move around and we only have to mack a landing.

Nausty
07-29-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Sick0
Well we a jumps at my friends house, Wehad more than 300 jumps. Its was a great place. But it toke alot of people and time to to built them.
The best way to make a quad jumps is to find some kinda dirt hill or pile thats about the size of the jump you are looking for and start diging. All of the jumps we made where made by hand, thats why are jumps are so small. We are going to make a kicker that we can move around and we only have to mack a landing.

I hear ya. i'm gonna be building a kicker myself not only to move it around but that way it won't get rutted out with the dirt bikes that hit the dirt jumps too so that it wears on one quad track more than the other. And just about anything you can use to fill the space helps a lot. Just make sure it isn't anything that will compact a lot or will decompose or pack down fast.

Rip_Tear
07-29-2002, 07:30 PM
I started with a dozer just before school ended, then I went with a bob cat to do the jumps and touch ups, well it rained and rained, the bob cat was stuck for over half the weekend. I didnt get much done, now the bob cat is out of comison and I havent finished yet... I have been doing it with my 4 wheeler and the trailor just moving dirt, and now my 4 wheeler has been out for 2 weeks... I am way behind, my dad better buy a new bob cat and fix the old one, I will keep the old one out at my track! or I will steal the Back-Hoe from him...:devil

flying400ex
07-29-2002, 09:17 PM
Man I am sure glad that I have a tractor. I have like a big U track. I will take some pictures of it or somthing here in a day and post em

Sleeping Catfish
07-29-2002, 09:47 PM
at my cousin's ranch they own 4 full size backhoes(sp?) and tons of bob cats. every weekend they say they will make a track but they don't. they love to jump and they have the quads, machinery, and land. they just would built the jumps!!!!!!!!!!!

roostin_dale
07-29-2002, 09:50 PM
If i had a ranch id build a new jump every day:D.......i have to go to my grandpas like 2 hours away to build jumps:(

jhr400EX
07-30-2002, 12:33 AM
hey foxracing400ex, can i rent some of your gopher excavators? do they work any good? :D

Rip_Tear
07-30-2002, 05:55 PM
My Ground hogs are lazy buggers, they just come out and eat the grass, and make holes in the most inconvienent places...and steal my golf balls.

400exBro
07-30-2002, 09:12 PM
hey Rip_Tear bring your bob cat out to my house, my dad said it would get one from work, but they dončt have any in the shop right now and i am changing up my track in my back yard( field), come on out, you and i could make one **** of a track eh...............................................
lata
Bro

Rip_Tear
07-31-2002, 06:15 PM
Our Bob cat is in the shop now... its got no drive on one side, she is getting fixed up, I need to bring it back out to my track before I bring it to yours.... ;) besides thats a **** of a way to drive, to make a track for me.

400exBro
08-01-2002, 10:15 AM
sooooooooo....
no i was just kidding, just get your *** out here so we can go riding at moto park or gopher dunes.
lata
Bro

nacs400ex
08-01-2002, 02:27 PM
Rip_Tear, Where abouts do you live in Ontario, I live 10 mins away from Barrie... You anywhere close ? well anyways if you live close we can ride sometime or whatever... and 400exbro- we gotta ride in the fall- like when your dad comes up here for that meeting truck thing, lol. My track sucks cause I only got one gopher :( and he doesnt do anything... I gotta do all the work with a shovel :grr

Rip_Tear
08-01-2002, 07:11 PM
I live in Haliburton, we will have to riding when I get my 400, and if I can pass my damn driving test I will even pick you up!:) I will put that in my profile so everyone knows

nacs400ex
08-01-2002, 07:16 PM
Rip_Tear
I have been to haliburton Forest in the winter before- which is the only time quads are allowed on it. I had a blast !, we went during march break- so we had no other encounters with sleds or quads. My whole family rides quads, what about yours ?!?!, if so we could do a family ride or something. my e-mail is mullen_660@hotmail.com, feel free to e-mail me

roostin_dale
08-04-2002, 09:43 PM
come on some one get your @$$ up here to illinois with your equiptment and my grandpa has 15 acres to work with....he has a 4x4 tractor and a mower to mow it down but he sold his dozer!

Lil90man!!
08-05-2002, 09:13 PM
we have a 50hp kabota tractor with a loader on it and my stepdad runs equipment every day n we have 10 acres of land and we still don't have a track at my house, isn't that a buncha crap!:P

roostin_dale
08-05-2002, 10:55 PM
That sux man! Pretty much the same deal with me!