PDA

View Full Version : April Quad of the Month Poll

TheFontMaster
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Here is the contestants for April, enjoy:cool:

I won't be able to post the pics of everyones quad into this thread untill later tonight, or tomorow, so here is the link to the entry thread.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218900&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

fasterz
03-24-2006, 08:25 PM
how come trick450r isnt on the poll?

TheFontMaster
03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
There can be only 10 quads in the poll. Not everyone can make it in.

trick450r
03-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
how come trick450r isnt on the poll?

i agree...i heard it was because it doesn't have enough stickers....go figure...And i thought having twice the motor of anyone else would give me a slight edge...oh well, i'll be back in a few months or whenever i can with a few more stickers, that might help...

Evana13
03-25-2006, 06:40 AM
go pittmom woot woot

xrxmxcx
03-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
i agree...i heard it was because it doesn't have enough stickers....go figure...And i thought having twice the motor of anyone else would give me a slight edge...oh well, i'll be back in a few months or whenever i can with a few more stickers, that might help...

no need to be a whiner about it, if they can only fit 10, and you were last entry, then that means your out, your bike is nicer than some others in the poll, so dont cry about it

personally my vote goes to moto49x

kustomfab2003
03-25-2006, 08:32 AM
WOW!!! I thought I had a nice quad, but the others are just great. Mine is a little different from the norm though, being setup to run Baja and all.

trick450r
03-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by xrxmxcx
no need to be a whiner about it, if they can only fit 10, and you were last entry, then that means your out, your bike is nicer than some others in the poll, so dont cry about it

personally my vote goes to moto49x

im not whining...actually im not even mad, i was seeking an answer from the administration as to why infact it didn't make it...

TheFontMaster
03-25-2006, 03:47 PM
im not whining...actually im not even mad, i was seeking an answer from the administration as to why infact it didn't make it...

When I went through the quads to narrow them down, honestly your quad didn't stick out as much to me as the other ones. Its a nice quad, and I know you must have alot of money into it, but when I looked at it I just don't really like how it looks. I think that there are too many colors, and they clash a bit too much, esecialy compared to some of the other quads.

There is always some people that complain about what quads get in. Everyone's oppinions are different so I don't expect everyone to agree with what quads I put into the poll. You have a very nice quad, and it's something to be proud of. And good luck if you decide to enter it again.

theTman
03-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
When I went through the quads to narrow them down, honestly your quad didn't stick out as much to me as the other ones. Its a nice quad, and I know you must have alot of money into it, but when I looked at it I just don't really like how it looks. I think that there are too many colors, and they clash a bit too much, esecialy compared to some of the other quads.

There is always some people that complain about what quads get in. Everyone's oppinions are different so I don't expect everyone to agree with what quads I put into the poll. You have a very nice quad, and it's something to be proud of. And good luck if you decide to enter it again.

not trying to be a prick...but shouldnt it be a first come first serve basis....not pick the entrys yourself?

TheFontMaster
03-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by theTman
not trying to be a prick...but shouldnt it be a first come first serve basis....not pick the entrys yourself?

I tryed that the first couple months, and I really didn't like how it worked. By only having the first 10 that enter then you will always get some quads that aren't the nicest. By waiting a week and letting more people enter their quads it gives more people a chance to enter, and in many case lets nicer quads into the contest.

TRX450R1
03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm a little surprised that the Trick450R machine didn't even make it into the competition, but, there are some really nice machines in there.
I tend to agree that the yellow doesn't work real well with the rest, but that's the color plate he's required to run this year.
I guess we should have considered that before we built it, but we actually didn't dwell much on looks, our concentration was on performance, 'form follows function' as they say.
Regardless, we appreciate the favorable comments and want to extend our congrats to all those in the final round, and especially to the owner of the winning machine. It's a tough competition in that collection of really nice rides!

TheFontMaster
03-25-2006, 04:30 PM
why dont you start it earlier and have a few polls, that way you have semi-finals and the final....or you could put together 10 or so active members different each month to vote in the top 10...excuse me if im wrong but it just doesn;t seem right that 1 persons tastes and opinions judge the event....i know my quad isn;t quite as visually appealing as some, but alot of people would look at the motor section of the mod list and would consider it to be more important than looks...maybe you dont feel that way, but either way i think we should maybe make some changer in the future...

I usualy say this atleast once a month, I view this more as a looks contest than anything else. I don't take just looks into consideration, I do also look at the other things like suspention and motor work. I have been running the contest like this for more than a year, and it has been working great for me. When there is someone that has a complaint I listen and if I think they are making a good point I will change something. Maybe I will start picking a random member to pick the 10 for the poll.

I am going to stick with 1 week for entries, and one week for a poll. No semi finals, and multiple polls, then it just gets to be too much work, and overly complecated.

trick450r
03-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
I usualy say this atleast once a month, I view this more as a looks contest than anything else. I don't take just looks into consideration, I do also look at the other things like suspention and motor work. I have been running the contest like this for more than a year, and it has been working great for me. When there is someone that has a complaint I listen and if I think they are making a good point I will change something. Maybe I will start picking a random member to pick the 10 for the poll.

I am going to stick with 1 week for entries, and one week for a poll. No semi finals, and multiple polls, then it just gets to be too much work, and overly complecated.

okay no problem...its done...PS i voted for 416exmx

honda_racer_713
03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
trick450r deffinitely would have had my vote...but i gave it to moto49x instead

trx400exxracer
03-26-2006, 12:45 PM
man I see mx quads a works quad and a desert quad but what about one of the 2 xc machines the trick yfz or trx

xrxmxcx
03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
4th place, not too shabby:devil:

BlasterEaten250
03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
everyone that entered had sick quads. But my vote goes to f1502nv:devil:

Pitmom
03-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Evana...thank you for your vote. We put alot of time and money in that machine for the future of kids in quad riding and racing. Was hoping to represent them in this competition.

I knew that putting a Kasea in there wouldn't get the votes that a 450 gets, due to more people race those and are more interested in them. But I am glad it was one of the 10 chosen so others can see what is out there.

GO KASEA!!!

2quadbrothers
03-28-2006, 01:17 PM
heres a vote for my little brother...go Clayton!

TheFontMaster
03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Pitmom
Evana...thank you for your vote. We put alot of time and money in that machine for the future of kids in quad riding and racing. Was hoping to represent them in this competition.

I knew that putting a Kasea in there wouldn't get the votes that a 450 gets, due to more people race those and are more interested in them. But I am glad it was one of the 10 chosen so others can see what is out there.

GO KASEA!!!

Keep an eye out, I belive it will be July when I do another Quad of the Month for just Mini quads. So you can enter it again then, it's a sick little quad you have there.

Pitmom
03-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Thank you!!! I will put that on my calendar!

The mini's need more PR. (just my motheryly opinion)

TheFontMaster
03-31-2006, 02:21 PM
Well this month's winner of the Quad of the Month is Moto49X with his 450r. Congrats man, you will have a PM shortly.

Moto49X
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Wow, thanks for the votes everyone!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p811647e405c2607b38133cb8b270e6da/efb83e9c.jpg

trx400exxracer
03-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X
Wow, thanks for the votes everyone!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid202/p811647e405c2607b38133cb8b270e6da/efb83e9c.jpg

are you getting a blingstar bumper if so I want that bumper that is on there if you are selling it:D

yfz450rider11
04-06-2006, 07:25 PM
When does the entries usualy start? Is it like a week before the month.