PDA

View Full Version : 06 YFZ owners step in

pharit
03-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry guys i;m trying to decide on which 06 i want and its a toss up between the 450R and YFZ i never liked the YFZ but the changes this year make me want to go buy one i really like how it felt compared to the previous years, i've only sat on the new 06 on the showroom of a local dealership, though i've been riding a honda all my life. i just wanted to know if the changes are for better or worse. i rode a ton of 04's but with the added power this year i don;t want to go wrong. My goal this season is to finally get my *** out there and start racing and hopfully get me somewhere and also dip into some freestyle. so here we go and thanks for the answers

What do you guys think about your 06?
Do you like the changes?
have you raced a 06 450R? if yes how does it compare?
is it predictable in the air(easy to control/throw around)?
have you switched from the 450R to the yfz? if so why?

well anyother comments you would like to leave my i'd appriecate it thanks for your time

mountaineer
03-24-2006, 01:01 PM
My race buddy switched from an 450R to a YFZ450 and was shocked about the difference in power, the way he can throw it around in the air. The whole nine yards. That is all he talks about is how much of a dog his 450R was (even with the hrc kit aswell). His 450R was still a good running bike.

Bullitt
03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by pharit
Sorry guys i;m trying to decide on which 06 i want and its a toss up between the 450R and YFZ i never liked the YFZ but the changes this year make me want to go buy one i really like how it felt compared to the previous years, i've only sat on the new 06 on the showroom of a local dealership, though i've been riding a honda all my life. i just wanted to know if the changes are for better or worse. i rode a ton of 04's but with the added power this year i don;t want to go wrong. My goal this season is to finally get my *** out there and start racing and hopfully get me somewhere and also dip into some freestyle. so here we go and thanks for the answers

What do you guys think about your 06?
Do you like the changes?
have you raced a 06 450R? if yes how does it compare?
is it predictable in the air(easy to control/throw around)?
have you switched from the 450R to the yfz? if so why?

well anyother comments you would like to leave my i'd appriecate it thanks for your time

I like my 06, whether or not it is more powerful than my 04 was I am not too sure. The difference is not really noticable. As for other changes I think the Swingarm and electrical changes pretty much make the 06 worth it. I personally don't care for how soft the front shocks on the 06 compared to the 04, but that is just my personal opinion. As for racing a 450r. If there both piped I'm pretty sure they would be neck and neck. Right now with the cammod both my brother and a friend are faster than me on the top end( Both of which have aftermarket cams.). If I had a decent set of cams, I'm pretty confident it would be quite a bit quicker then they are. I can pretty much holeshot them all the time due to what seems like alot more torque though. I find it predictable in the air as well. Perhaps not as much as my old 250r was but pretty close. Overall I am happy with it, and as I said before it is worth it just for the new electrical system and swingarm over an 04 or 05.

pharit
03-27-2006, 06:02 PM
anyone else?

440ex dragger
03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Well I have had my YFZ for about 5 days now and I love it. I raced Saturday night in the ARQA series and took first in the stock 450 class. I had no mods at all. I ran against 3 450Rs and an 04 YFZ. Ran away from them on the straights. Plan on adding a pipe and cam mod before the next race.