PDA

View Full Version : 2006 450R riders step in....

pharit
03-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Sorry guys i;m trying to decide on which 06 i want and its a toss up between the 450R and YFZ i never liked the YFZ but the changes this year make me want to go buy one i really like how it felt compared to the previous years, i've only sat on the new 06 on the showroom of a local dealership, though i've been riding a honda all my life. i just wanted to know if the changes are for better or worse. i rode a ton of 04's but with the added power this year i don;t want to go wrong. My goal this season is to finally get my *** out there and start racing and hopfully get me somewhere and also dip into some freestyle. so here we go and thanks for the answers

What do you guys think about your 06?
Do you like the changes?
is the electric starter a good deal?
is the 06 as tippy in low speed corners as some of the magazine have stated?
have you raced a 06 yfz? if yes how does it compare?
is it predictable in the air(easy to control/throw around)?
have you switched from the yfz to the 450r? if so why?

well anyother comments you would like to leave my i'd appriecate it thanks for your time

450rJam
03-24-2006, 04:16 PM
450r motor is bad a_ _ , it jumps well (maybe a little light in front) I came off a 250r and it handles alot better than the 450r, I have not rode the new yfz. I love the electric start, it feels a little tippy if you are off camber but just corners no it feels very controlable just blip the gas and it will let go and come around, I have not raced a 06 yfz yet but from all the posts it should be close. not alot of help but those are my thoughts. from these two its a win win situation.

fatkid400
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I love my 06 450R. real good "usable" power right out of the box.Putting a pipe on really brings it to life.
As far as 450R's feeling "tippy"I dont really notice that awhole lot,of course my 250 lbs could make a difference :blah:
In my opinoin the 450 R honda put out this year SMOKES everything out there.

eagertorace
03-24-2006, 09:41 PM
I've rode the 06 yammi and there's only one thing I like on it............the soft seat:D
BTW......my honda, the way it is, has alot more torque too:macho

Coolidge
03-25-2006, 06:08 AM
In one day, I had a chance to ride: TRX450er, YFZ, Suzuki Z400. I kept going back to the 450r. I wound up buying the Honda, w/electric start. Im not a racer, I ride mostly desert. And like 450rjam said, a blip of the throttle will get you through any turn. The 450r kicks***

KrazyKeith
03-25-2006, 08:42 PM
I rode a 06 yfz before I bought my Honda. I think the TRX is the better machine. The YFZ seemed to pull just as hard but not as smooth. The tranny shifts better on the Honda. I think If you rode Honda for your whole life Go with the honda 450r looks much better too ~black

lumi
03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
i dont think most of us 06 450r riders can explain how nice the power in the motor is, and the quality and detail of this machine comapred to to other 450's. this is top of the line race quad.period.

-lumi