PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Problems?

tmmy
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Hello, i recently put a full exhaust and cam in. I purchased a dnyo jet kit and installed it. i am running the 170 dnyo jet main along with the needdle. The needle is on the 2nd clip from the bottom. and i have a 42 pilot jet, and i'm 3.5 turns out on the air/fuel screw. The problem is it will idle fine, but when you hit the gas just off idle it will sputter. Then if you push it a little more like 1/4 to half it will run perfect all the way to WOT. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

hondamanex400
03-24-2006, 10:03 AM
It could be the placement of the needle. I have needle on the third clip. But i really dont know. Also, if you have the DynoJet 170 in, you will need to remove your airbox lid.

rooster_20
03-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I have the dynojet kit and mine was doing that because I had put the um airfilter lid I made on it and it wasnt getting enought fuel so I installed the 170 main jet and it runs perfect. Maybe you are a little lean? Maybe you need to turn your idle up a little bit to stop the sputter on the decel? Hope I helped

tmmy
03-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah i have to air box lid off, i forgot to mention that. Is is possible that my air/fuel is to for out? It doesn't feel lean and doesn't pop on the decel. But if i'm just rolling alone and like 1/8 throttle to 1/4 it sputters and runs horrible, once its past that it runs great.

rooster_20
03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
If its not sputtering on full throttle then its prob not the main jet. Prob the needle position.

tmmy
03-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I played around with the needle and air/fuel screw i think i got it running ok now, thanks for your help