PDA

View Full Version : 06 HRC kit reliability

400exrider0004
03-23-2006, 10:21 PM
hey guys,
I have heard GREAT things about the 06 HRC kits capabilities and how it helps wake up the 06 450r. I know that is probably one of the best modifications you can do, but I need some help convincing myself that i wont need to worry about it once its in. I know that it comes from Honda so it cant be that bad. I hate having to fix things, especially when I am riding. So i am wanting all the guys opinions that have the HRC kit installed. Is it causing you problems???Do you need to worry about it all????I just need honest opinions on how its running and how the reliability is of the thing?

Thanks for all your help.
Josh

motochamp250
03-23-2006, 10:27 PM
my freind has had his in for a while with no problems...i wouldnt worry about it like you said it is from honda so you know it is going to be good..

450rJam
03-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Dealer installed at time of perchase mid january, I put on a pro design k and n filter and outerwear to protect a little better due to running no air box lid, other than that I havnt done anything but change the oil 2 times and clean the filter. She runs great, one ridding buddy has banshee with mods and he stays about 1/2 bike ahead of me while drag racing, other than that no one I ride with can keep up. (700 rappy-piped banshee-mod z400-416ex-and 2 250r's) It is still too soon to tell but I dont think the hrc kit will harm reliability at all, just keep up on maint. in my opinion the hrc kit dont have the baddest cam (hc stage 2) the exhaust upgrades in the kit wont match after market systems. The hrc kit isnt the best of everything its just upgrades in the right spots, I have not heard of any problems with the 04/05's hrc kits so I trust honda wouldnt tarnish their rep of reliability and their track record speaks volumes.

400exrider0004
03-24-2006, 04:33 PM
what exactly comes in the kit? I know it comes with a header, cam, air box mods, jets, and end cap. is there anything else. Also is it worth getting the kit since I will be getting a sparks full exhaust and filter. I want to get it because of the cam and because I heard it helps a lot for the 450r.

Thanks

450rJam
03-24-2006, 08:47 PM
large diameter header pipe, high flow endcap, cam, carb needle and 162jet, cdi mod, 06 dont have a mod airbox lid you just remove lid, 3 way T , plug for airbox I think that is about it, the components work well together but I have heard a full exhaust will put the icing on the cake.