PDA

View Full Version : i need opinions

Ridered416ex
03-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I want to buy a steering stabilizer but i cant afford a $300 one
MY local honda dealer sells PEP and Denton.
Which one is better
and if you have pics let me see

lghickman21
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Both are OK but i would go with the one that is rebuildable. If both are just go for either.

chapmanmd
03-24-2006, 07:03 AM
I cant speak for the Denton, but I have been happy with my PEP rebuildable for a long time now. Its seen some abuse and it just keeps on working...

VIGILANTE MAN
03-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Between my brother and I, we've got the Denton, Gibson & SRP rebuildable.
All three need rebuilt after what I consider not much use.

I suppose leaking is inherent to all stick style stabilizers. But maybe the PEP would be better. I'd be willing to try one anyway.

03-24-2006, 09:38 AM
i have been happy with my noss machine stick type. i run one on both my 400ex and my 450r.

they can be gotten on ebay.

also try c and d racing for prices....

Lonestar_R
03-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Well the Noss Machne and the Denton are the exact same Dampner. The nonrebuildable ones are at least....I have a very used Denton and it works fine....and I just bought a Noss for my 450R cause for the type of riding I do a 3 to 400 dollar dampner doesn't fit into the budget....maybe someday but not today.....but I would go with a Denton or a Noss before the PEP...the Denton and the Noss have 7 settings and PEP just has some thing you move the mount or something....And I have heard that the nonrebuildable ones last longer than the rebuildable....a rebuild kit is 20 and a new cylinder is like 40......so its all up to you