PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler adapter 300ex.

bustedknuckle
03-23-2006, 06:14 PM
wondering where i can get an adapter so i can put on an oil cooler?i was told that there is a pice that replaces the oil filter cover so you can attach oil lines for a cooler.thanks almost forgot its for an 300ex.

Sjorge450R
03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by bustedknuckle
wondering where i can get an adapter so i can put on an oil cooler?i was told that there is a pice that replaces the oil filter cover so you can attach oil lines for a cooler.thanks almost forgot its for an 300ex.

i have been doing some research on the oil coolers for the 300ex. Since then I have learned that the ones that work like you explained, are not as good as the ones the drop the oil into the top of the engine. GDH has a one and I think that I am going to be getting that one. If you go to ebay and in the box type "300ex aftermarket" it will come up near the bottom. Check it out.

TarheelRedRider
03-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I bet the 350x one will fit. Havnt tried it but it seems like it would.

TarheelRedRider
03-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Better yet I found the same one gdh has for sell but alot cheaper. All they did is cut the stock oil lines and used the rubber hoses that is supplied with the perma cool part number 1008 cooler. Heres a link. http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=egnsearch.asp&N=115+400006+306470&autoview=sku

chapmanmd
03-23-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
i have been doing some research on the oil coolers for the 300ex. Since then I have learned that the ones that work like you explained, are not as good as the ones the drop the oil into the top of the engine. GDH has a one and I think that I am going to be getting that one. If you go to ebay and in the box type "300ex aftermarket" it will come up near the bottom. Check it out.

I respectfully have to disagree with you. Ive been running the Jagg oil cooler with the lines running out of the oil filter cover and have had ZERO problems with it. Oil flows great, doesnt leak, has braided lines instead of rubber, and just plain works great. The 300ex oil pump is more than adequate to get the oil where it needs to go.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

Ryanwolfe911
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
My local bike shop has a used one sitting in their discount case, just like what your speaking of. It replaces the filter cover,a nd has braided lines with -AN fittings. I thing they only want around $100 for it. I was gonna buy it but I already did the hokey job with the cutting of the stock oil line and running a small trans cooler in series with it. Shop name is Mikes Bikes. Phone # is 440-576-4119. Hope that helps.

2muchquad
03-24-2006, 01:51 PM
i went the small tranny cooler route.i just tapped into the oil pipe.With my mods im sure having oil thats AT LEAST 25 degrees cooler dumped directly on the the cam and rockers cant be bad for it.I have searched around and while the filter cover may look trick,its not as efficient as the oil pipe tap.sure its still better than not having one at all.i have had zero problems with my set up even with my high comp.just my .02:)

TarheelRedRider
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah I just used a 400ex one and cut the lines and rerouted them. I think I have about 10 bucks in mine. Found a good used 400ex one off all mighty ebay. TGFEB.:D

wantablaster
03-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by chapmanmd
I respectfully have to disagree with you. Ive been running the Jagg oil cooler with the lines running out of the oil filter cover and have had ZERO problems with it. Oil flows great, doesnt leak, has braided lines instead of rubber, and just plain works great. The 300ex oil pump is more than adequate to get the oil where it needs to go.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

Do you have a link to where I can find the jagg oil cooler and how much did you pay for it.