PDA

View Full Version : Beyond LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

gbcap
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I put steel braided brake lines on...the master cylinder didn't seem to want to pump any fluid after sitting for 3 months.

so i take the line off the 04 that i have...pump the brake 3 times with no line on it and fluid flows like crazy.

pull the cap off. drain the black fluid out (dirty) put new fluid in. leave the cap off. mount on the bars. attached the lines. pumped...nothing no fluid flowing. small bubbles coming up thru the fluid in the resevoir, but no fluid flowing.

the directions on the box said to leave the lines off the calipers till the fluid was coming out of them. but i have nothing. pumped the brake about 400 times and nothing.

the back line and brake stiffened right up after about 50 pumps

IM LOST, has my dad stumped and my best friend. anything?

Scro
03-23-2006, 06:00 PM
You will probably need to get a brake bleeder. It has a pump on it that pulls the fluid down to the caliper.

dj400ex
03-23-2006, 06:37 PM
or the inside of the line is kinked?

gbcap
03-23-2006, 06:39 PM
i can check...but i don't think so. i was thinking of trying to get brake fluid to flow directly thru the lines...

but that still doesn't help that it isn't really pumping out of the master cylinder

03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
just a thought take the line completely off and blow some compressed air through backwords.

atvdude
03-24-2006, 02:19 AM
You just have air in the master cylinder. with the brake line off lightly put your thumb over the whole acting as a diaphram to push out air then oil to prime the master cylinder. depress the lever over and over with your thumb over the hole until fluid comes out. this has always worked for me. just my 2 cents.

prepracing
03-24-2006, 02:39 AM
mine did that also, I got mad and left it sitting over night and the fluid just gravity fed itself down thru the lines to the calipers overnight, I found this out the next day when I came back to it and found fluid leaking at both calipers. Then after several pumps I had front brakes......with some bleeding done after that. So try filling your master cyclinder up and letting it sit overnight and see if fluid will feed itself down thru the lines, just remember to leave the lines loose at the calipers.

speedfreaksguy
03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bama450r
You will probably need to get a brake bleeder. It has a pump on it that pulls the fluid down to the caliper.

They're about $20 at any auto parts store. It will make your bleeding alot easier.