PDA

View Full Version : Boost Bottle?

LilDacktyle
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
this may be a stupid question but what does a boost bottle do for a banshee? i see them all the time and i always wounder if i should buy one but i have no idea what it does. does it give you more power or what? and would it even be worth buying? thanks

Rip_Tear
03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
As far as I know all they can do is equalize the carbs. I'm pretty sure there is a stock "boost bottle" on there already. It doesn't really do anything.

I could be wrong, but...

bmf400ex
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM
they claim to equalize the air pressure between the two carbs. i had one on mine, took it off and put the stock tube back in. couldn't tell a lick of difference. after a while the weight of the bottle shaking around will crack the carb boots which will cost you more to replace than the boost bottle itself. save your money and upgrade your reeds.

03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Connect to intake manifold and replaces standard balance pipe. Improves low end power.

underpowered
03-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 89honda 250x
Connect to intake manifold and replaces standard balance pipe. Improves low end power.

yup. we have one. it makes a slight difference, but not much. unless you really want one, it is not worth it for such a small gain

LilDacktyle
03-23-2006, 08:02 PM
ok, thanks. ill just leave mine stock.