PDA

View Full Version : GT thunder please...

blakefoote
03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
post picts of your GT thunder rebuilds and tell how you like them....

blakefoote
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
anyone????????? picts of any rebuild....

03-23-2006, 08:00 PM
you can use the search button to find pictures and such, this has been a very popular thread latley

as for how good it performs, its a great setup, he has done my Elkas and done great work with them, laz really knows what hes doing up there, i wouldnt send my shocks to anyone else :macho

the predator
03-23-2006, 08:05 PM
C&D racing has a really nice setup also!! i've rode theirs and my gthunders and theirs is alot more plush in the front, have not rode their rea ron my quad. so i now have C&D racing tripple rate setup on my front with a hypercoil spring i got from them....i can corner alot harder with out the front diving in the corners like it did with my progressive rate spring from GT Thunder...but all in all they both are great upgrades, but i know C&D race on there own stock revalved and resprung shocks ..nto sure about GT thunder, but he might also, but like i said i'm not sure.

03-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by the predator
C&D racing has a really nice setup also!! i've rode theirs and my gthunders and theirs is alot more plush in the front, have not rode their rea ron my quad. so i now have C&D racing tripple rate setup on my front with a hypercoil spring i got from them....i can corner alot harder with out the front diving in the corners like it did with my progressive rate spring from GT Thunder...but all in all they both are great upgrades, but i know C&D race on there own stock revalved and resprung shocks ..nto sure about GT thunder, but he might also, but like i said i'm not sure.

shoulda paid the extra for GT Thunders triple rate springs ;)

ive also had a problem with shocks being too soft, if you go to jump a log your front end just dives right into the log cuz you drop down so much, you really cant have as much "soft" shock travel, you still need something on there to keep your bike up when comming off a log or off a big drop off or something

C&D does nice work also, but G T Thunders is just the best with shocks IMO, im sure you will notice the same thing when looking at other threads, if you need any help or have any questions about suspension feel free to ask me and i will try to help :macho

03-23-2006, 08:14 PM

o and just so you know, Laz builds his son brandon's shocks and has custom a-arms to work with his shocks, brandon most likely has one of the best setups out there, with more actual shock travel then most LT setups, his stock shock setup also offers more wheel travel then most LT setups aswell

just thought you may like to know that

blakefoote
03-23-2006, 08:22 PM
well.....looks like GT Thunder over C&D but what about Derisi?...I have read that they are the better shocks but takelonger to get...I want them in at least a week or 2....

the predator
03-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Yurik Norton
o and just so you know, Laz builds his son brandon's shocks and has custom a-arms to work with his shocks, brandon most likely has one of the best setups out there, with more actual shock travel then most LT setups, his stock shock setup also offers more wheel travel then most LT setups aswell

just thought you may like to know that

i HAVE GT Thunder shocks with a C&D racing tripple rate setup....

blakefoote
03-24-2006, 05:08 AM
i HAVE GT Thunder shocks with a C&D racing tripple rate setup....

really.....why???

jdwxv3
03-24-2006, 05:08 AM
My C&D set up was like riding on a pogo stick. A little better than stock........but only in slow woods, in a strait or hard hits all I did was bottom out. I would def go with GT Thunder.

blakefoote
03-24-2006, 05:15 AM
qwhat about derisi?...they look like they are they best overall but more expensive...are they better than GT thunder?

jdwxv3
03-24-2006, 05:38 AM
I would say that GT Thunder is the best. I dont know much about Derisi though. If you get GT Thunder make sure you get the rear link with it. Later, Josh

MAD450r
03-24-2006, 05:50 AM
I have elka's standard travel all the way around my 416ex and my R's shocks work just as well.

I did have to dial them in once I got them back from santo. Once I did that my R rips and handles like a dream to me. Yes it did take about 2.5-3 weeks to get them back though.

blakefoote
03-24-2006, 06:23 AM
i think im gonna go with derisi....they look the best

Pappy
03-24-2006, 06:34 AM
we have rode on all of them, and they are all good. you will always find someone that says "this is teh best" or "i had a set that i didnt like" , but its nice knowing no matter which of the 3 you choose you should be satisfied.

i use derisi for because he is closer, but i have sent several sets to c&d and wouldnt think twice about sending a set to laz, although im not 100% on some of his spring set ups.

blakefoote
03-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
we have rode on all of them, and they are all good. you will always find someone that says "this is teh best" or "i had a set that i didnt like" , but its nice knowing no matter which of the 3 you choose you should be satisfied.

i use derisi for because he is closer, but i have sent several sets to c&d and wouldnt think twice about sending a set to laz, although im not 100% on some of his spring set ups.

i kept stopping and seeing if you was on AIM last night and you were never on....I think im gonna go with derisi too b/c I live in Knoxville Tennessee and he is in NC so....

parts eeter
03-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I am gonna send my 450r fronts into gt and have them shortened and dual rate springs installed so they fit my ex properly.I had him do cylinder work on my ex and he was really quick to get my stuff back.I hope they ride nice as my hand is broken and the harsh ride of my front shox is really taking a toll. I am trying to ride this season out before surgery.so I am gonna have him valve them really plush and if I need I will firm them up later or send em back to compensate once I am 100%

jdwxv3
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Derisi is probaly a good choice. I have heard some people say they like C&D and a few say did not like them. I just know we had 2 sets of C&D and neither were good. As far as Derisi, I have not heard anything bad about them so you are probaly making a pretty good chioce. Good Luck, Josh