PDA

View Full Version : suzuki

JW450R1
03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
has any-one been up againist the new suzuki450 yet?:)

desratt
03-23-2006, 06:35 PM
yea I heard byrd raced a few lol

MR.BIG
03-24-2006, 07:02 AM
I haven't raced on yet but I was in the suzuki forum yesterday and they seem to be having tranny problems already.

jeepnrocks
03-24-2006, 07:29 AM
ahh all our quads have problems when they first come out. the zuke looks like a great machine.

lobeeone
03-24-2006, 08:09 AM
My friend just bought one back on tuesday, went out riding yesterday, he has the new yoshi pipe&cherry bomb on it. We traded back and forth a few times, he wanted my opinion, he rode my 06 450r. They handle almost identical, but I do have extended a-arms on my 450r, everything else is stock. Power wise I don't see a whole lot of difference in the two. Don't think it is worth an extra $3000. But I have always been a Honda guy, and he has always been a sledzuki guy(HA HA, an ongoing joke).
We're going to the dunes easter, and I'll have my HRC, and pipe installed by then, that will be the real test.

Predatorman500
03-24-2006, 10:49 AM
DID You guys race them ? Which one is faster

Speed_MDS2
03-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by lobeeone
My friend just bought one back on tuesday, went out riding yesterday, he has the new yoshi pipe&cherry bomb on it. We traded back and forth a few times, he wanted my opinion, he rode my 06 450r. They handle almost identical, but I do have extended a-arms on my 450r, everything else is stock. Power wise I don't see a whole lot of difference in the two. Don't think it is worth an extra $3000. But I have always been a Honda guy, and he has always been a sledzuki guy(HA HA, an ongoing joke).
We're going to the dunes easter, and I'll have my HRC, and pipe installed by then, that will be the real test.

The LTR doesn't cost 3000 more than a 450r, and you bought A-arms that for sure put you right into its price range. They are about the same stock for stock, except in the handling/suspension dept. :blah: The cherrybomb is not meant to be ran with a full system either, he needs to pic up an EMS. The cherrybomb has been found to run quite lean with the yosh system.

lobeeone
03-24-2006, 09:11 PM
No we didn't race, he is still taking it easy on the new engine. And yes it is 3000 more. I paid 6525 out the door, he paid 9600.
Including warranties

CHEVYZ
03-25-2006, 05:56 AM
I raced one, and power wise I wasn't impressed at all. No doubt they are THE best handling 450 on the market if that is what you are into. However, they do badly in a drag race. Yeah, big surprise coming from a bike better suited to MX types of riding. The guy I raced had already done work to his... he got the CB, removed all of the crap in the stock pipe... stuff like that ( To be honest, I really don't even remember all of what he told me). Anyway, I have a piped and cammed 05 and a guy was there on an all stock 06 450r with HMF exhaust. Unfortunately, I was always forced to the bad side of the strip we were racing on, slowing me down and messing me up badly... it was pretty screwed up. Whenever I tried to switch lanes, the Suzuki guy would back down and go kill his bike. Figures. :ermm: Anyway, everytime that we raced, I would either take him, or if I messed up, I would stay right there with him. The 06 450r guy was killing both of us.

Now, as for stock, I talked to the guy and he said that stock it was terrible. His buddy with but a mere 416EX could hang with him everytime. After he worked it though, he said he was pretty pleased. He said that the only thing he is afraid of is that it is a first year bike... things are bound to happen. :scary:

Now, as far as racing on a track, I haven't done it yet. I am assuming that stock the Suzuki would have a big advantage. You could mod either to out do one another, though. Money is the only option when it comes to these things. :chinese:

JW450R1
03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
that seems like a lot of moeny for a suzuki with a little mods.i think i would rather take 3 grand and build a lot better front end,and rear end.

brif
03-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry to say if your bud paid $9600, he got took. I don't know where you're located, but a dealer here has the ltr for $6800 + tax. They don't charge freight and set-up either. Around here the diff in price would be $600 real money.
If I was in the markey for a new quad, I would probly go with the ltr.

quadfam4
03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I have the hondas and the suzuki. If somone wants the newest quad out there bad enough to pay those kind of $$$$ for it, oh well?! I paid about $700 more for the suzuki with a 4 year warrenty than the '06 honda with out. As far as which one is faster stock for stock - I wish I could tell you. I put the HRC kit on my '06 before I raced them. But the honda is slightly faster racing up oldsmobile hill at glamis. Maybe part of the reason is because I can't get rear sprockets for the suzuki yet - not available. But handling stock for stock - no comparison - the suzuki romps through the whoops, loves to fly, lands great and you can throw any way you want with just the slightest inputs.

KrazyKeith
03-25-2006, 08:26 PM
I raced a ltr today with my 06450r I got this bike 3 days ago and didnt do any mods to it. He had taken the airbox lid off and removed the arrester. I'm sorry to say but the ltr took me by about length everytime in a 300ft. race. So I took my lid off and spark arrester out and put in a 172 main. I got him by at least 2 bikes then. after 4 or 5 more races he didnt wanna play no more. The Quadracer is a nice machine If I put another in the garage anytime soon that's what it will be.

tfuchs
03-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow over $3000 more, Who pays more than list price in todays market?

All in all in my opinion the Honda is an all aorund awesome bike, except the darn battery.

CHEVYZ
03-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Around here I can get a 06 450r for $5,900 OTD. The Suzuki is $7,300 at the one place kind of close that I found it at. Here, there is a $1400 difference between the two. $3,000 does seem like he was ripped off. Just my opinion of course, but for the engine, go with Honda.. and if you are looking for superior handling, look at the Suzuki.