PDA

View Full Version : I want a Stainless Oil filter for 450r......Which one is better?

shamisc
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Which one is better and why?
I really don't like the CRT b/c of the set screw and spring that could possible fall out. Will the stainless filter be a good option for me. I mainly trail ride. I always change my oil after 8-10 hours. I use AmsOil 10W40 Fully Synthetic.

speedfreaksguy
03-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Personally I don't wanna have to clean my oil filter. It's much easier to just throw it away and replace it. I buy the HiFlo filters for like $3 each. You can get alot of oil changes for what a stainless filter costs.

Abrannan19
03-25-2006, 07:31 PM
i have the fast and furious and i like it..the conveince factor that is..you dont have to remember to buy a filter for the "next" time..its already there and the set screw does suck..i have only changed my oil once and it wasnt really dirt then..but when i changed it and took the filter out and tried to remove the set screw it was so tight i couldnt get it out and it started to twist the fins..so i said screw it there is no way it was that dirty i cleaned it really well with parts cleaner and let it soak in some PC for about 30 mins..and it seems to be fine ..JMO

400exrider707
03-26-2006, 09:38 AM
The scotts one is supposed to be one of the best but its also like 2x the price of the other ones.

eastside 400
03-26-2006, 01:44 PM
dont use the re-usable filters, its much better to buy new filters each oil change. It might be more expensive but the re-usable filters arent as good as the stock ones