PDA

View Full Version : any aftermarket parts for aasco 90 from eastside

mxdad789
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
I purchased a Aasco Pro 90 from eastside and wanted to know if anyone knows if there are any aftermarket swingarms and shocks available and where to get them. Thanks

kasea90cc
03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
we to have a aasco90 , swingarm is same as polaris and drr ect, shocks same thing rear is 10 1/2 inches eye to eye "is rear to stiff "? if so weld shock mount to the inside of where it is now ,it softens and lowers the rear :macho and if you got that k&n type air filter change it to a uni filter and 110 main jet, theres other thangs i could go on and on but i wont, my son is the hole shot king, and just won his fifth series one of witch is on his new aasco 90 , not bad for turning 8 years of age, :D

Nathon 7# washington state

miniquads@aol.com

Livin4Real
03-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I thought it was ready to race off the floor? Kinda defeats the purpose

kasea90cc
03-23-2006, 07:09 PM
race ready:devil: not even close,but what we payed for it it has been ok we;re killing 8000 dollar quads at the races, if it last two seasons i'll be happy:D

Pitmom
03-23-2006, 07:52 PM
We have been wondering the same thing about the Assco's. Clay is on an 04 Kasea getting the hole shots against the Assco's, Cobra's and Honda's. He even won the ITP 05 championship on it.

What is your thinking about the Kasea's staying in the ranks with the others? My thought is that he is still winning and kicking butt...keep him on the Kasea. But we talked today and he said he would like to try the Assco and see what power it really has compared to his Kasea...let him decide.

The cost to get into an Assco is great from our sponsor, but since Clay is beating them...what is the sense? Are there many mods that need to be done to be competative and how fast are they becoming available?:ermm: :confused:

mxdad789
03-23-2006, 08:02 PM
so changing the shock mounts will soften the shock i was wondering about putting on elkas and ill try the uni and play with the jets have you change the cdi box or running stock one

kasea90cc
03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
when my neighbor and i got are sons aasco 70 and 90 they ran like poop, luckily i know two strokes ,there flying now, remember these arnt built to much ,24 carb no porting ect, my son came from a kasea 90 to this one , hes faster on this one and getting faster every race "scarry fast" the quad jumps great, and great in the woops sure theres things you got to do to it but overall not bad lots better than a kasea and rumor has it that kaseas going under, how much do you have in the kasea 6?8?grand well 3 for the aasco and do a few cheep mods "gusets and other things" and your ready to rock.

kasea90cc
03-23-2006, 08:21 PM
mx dad the stock shocks are fine and yes moving the top part of the chock forward lowers and softens the ride,cdi has no rev limit ,what pipe do you have on it fat tip?or the one that looks like carbon fiber?

kasea90cc
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
pitmom i see that you live in lomalinda we lived a few miles from glennhelens then we moved to washington state, dam i miss the riding down there "to many trees in the way up here" but we have some indoor tracks so we make the best of it till summer,quad racings getting huge up here and no end in site if you look at the minis on the worcs racing series youll see us washingtonians are tearing it up:D

mxdad789
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
kasea 90 i have the fat pipe now it came with the carbon fiber and it was a piece i let eastside know and they tried to talk me out of it but i got the fatty pipe and it made a huge difference. where we race we need the low to mid and that actually did wake it up.

Pitmom
03-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Yeah we have alot into 2 kaseas, but that has been over 3 seasons. (pics of it on the kasea posting, black on anti freeze green frame) But if we go to Asscos, we would be doing the same thing, adding alot to it. We have custom PEP triple rate shocks, alot of motor work by a top Kasea Mechanic, John Anderson, and many other mods, but at a legal limit of 90cc for the Nationals.

I know they are riding awesome back East, it was great at the nationals here at Glen Helen. Clayton was in 2nd place until his throttle cable broke. He had to LCQ, came in 2nd on that one, then took a third in the final heat.

So using the Nationals as an example of how his bike and/or how he rides shows us he is great on his Kasea against these new bikes. That is where our dilema comes in. My husband says Clayton needs to finish this season out, then maybe the Aasco, but then he wants to put him on a blaster...ughhh way too much money to get that ready. Clay rides the yfz450 awesome too. I am sure we can get some good money for the Kaseas and put it all into an Assco, that would be ideal to me, not the hubby.

Yes, rumour is that Kasea did not get the requirements fullfilled to build 07 2 strokes. Something like that. So yes, that worries us also, but by the time that at comes to an end and no parts available, someone will always have them/build them anyway, Clayton will definately be on another bike due to he is getting bigger and better. That is why I am considering the Assco, it is bigger than the Kasea. Just Clayton does not want to keep racing the same class for the next 2 years. We have so many kids here in Cali that started on Kaseas two years ago and are now in the expert class racing 450's! Clay is on his way...he is actually better on the 450, just needs to grow a bit.

:muscle:

Pitmom
03-24-2006, 08:11 AM
kasea 90...I am a bit jealous you are in a beautiful state. Glen Helen is Claytons favorite track. You should come back for the nationals in February next year and visit. The ITP quadcross series used to be all 10 at Glen Helen, now we go to three races in Arizona and two up north, Gorman and Taft. Thus making this series more fun, but alot of travel. We were spoiled living so close (we used to live in Rialto right over the hill)

ps, I can get an Assco 90 for 2,500.00 out the door.
With that offer I told my hubby, why not?...at least he will have it and we can slowly build it and get Clayton used to it. Clay is real good at feeling the diffs when added/taking off parts. Helps him learn his bike and race better. Able to tell if fat/lean, bottom/top, noises etc when he learns it from stock. Hubby still not going for it, maybe I gotta put a little "loving" talk into it! That usually works for everything... hehehehe;) ;)

Livin4Real
03-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Don't sweat the whole kasea going under thing. SMC is the actual manufacturer with a kasea sticker on it and SMC is as strong as it ever was. It just may not be called a kasea next year. Like has been mentioned a few times, the same kids are winning, just riding a different machine. That's where the credit should go, to the riders not the quads. Don't get me wrong the quad helps but a new rider on a top of the line machine is still going to get spanked by an experienced rider on something not so great.

Pitmom
03-24-2006, 08:24 AM
http://tinypic.com/rw137l[/IMG]

Here is Clayton racing an Assco last week ITP round #2. Bradey, on the Assco was Clayton's Competition last season and took 2nd over all for the season and he rode a Kasea. He is also his competition this year by the looks of this race. This Assco has alot of work into it..I believe Eastside works on it. (they live in AZ and travel here for the ITP races)

Clay got both hole shots, held the lead but then got vapor lock, fixed that, for the 2nd heat, but Clay bobbled in a turn and Bradey got around him and then took off. The real bumber for Bradey is his chain fell off and Clayton got the win, so Bradey held his 2nd once getting the chain back on. They were both about 1/2 track ahead of all the other bikes, an awesome honda, another assco, kasea etc. Also our Kasea was not running right in the first place. Lost the bottom end.

What would you do? Now try not to be biased due to this is the Assco post....but ...would really like some honest opinions. Real torn

1. Kasea going bye bye
2. Clayton getting bigger
3. Upside he kicks butt on this awesome Kasea.
4. Pour more money into another bike.
5. Finish on a Kasea for 2 years, then go to the 450

:confused:

ps: thank you for all your help on this...you all have been soo great

Pitmom
03-24-2006, 08:28 AM
livin, you are right...you can tell what riders can ride in the front pack.

We have been watching a large class of kids learn and grow on their bikes. Clayton has moved up rapidly and we are in awe of how he rides. When we are in Glamis we watch him tear it up on my 450, it scares me! People have actually come up to him in Glamis and asked if he is sponsored. If they only knew he rode a little 90.

oh, thank you for the news about Kasea...that puts a bit of ease, even if we sell it, helps for the new owners. (maybe helps with our value if we sell it too, have no idea what ours is worth)

Livin4Real
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
I understand your dilemma with your kid getting bigger so the aasco may be a good choice for you guys. I just don't understand the parents that throw money each time a new quad comes out. Of course on another note maybe I would do the same thing if I had it to throw around lol. I have been tempted to put all the stock parts back on our kasea and sell it but Brandon is still only 8 and a small kid so the kasea is a perfect fit. Who knows what will be out by summer.

kasea90cc
03-24-2006, 06:55 PM
about the parts thing, there all just moped motors everybody sells parts there all interchangable even the aasco its a extreme pro shark, swingarm is same as polaris sterstem also, strokeit imports sells a 8 port race cyinder water cooled,so all in all for 3 grand its not bad , the kids at are tracks have hetricks everthing and just for the price of a dual a arm with shocks is the price of a aasco, im not saying its a jb built 90 from hetricks thats 14 grand but its turned out to be an all right quad for the money for us even though i dont like greg from eastside because hes an *** i even thought of buying another aasco for the 70 class in the worcs races ,my sons 8 and the worcs 70 class gos up to 11 yearolds but for one more season he'll be on this one and then who knows what will be out next year " exreme typhoon" or ?:D

mxdad789
03-27-2006, 08:53 PM
kasea90cc Hello my daughter had her first race on her aasco this year over the weekend and I wnated to know what do i have to do to the rear shock it is horrible she only weighs 50# wet will moving it as you have said help enough the shock needs to be softer and the rear of the quad needs to be lower if so waht should i do? Or should i just get a +1 swingarm and put elkas all the way around in need of some serious help and you seem to have the answers thanks

mxdad789
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
kasea90cc Hello my daughter had her first race on her aasco this year over the weekend and I wnated to know what do i have to do to the rear shock it is horrible she only weighs 50# wet will moving it as you have said help enough the shock needs to be softer and the rear of the quad needs to be lower if so waht should i do? Or should i just get a +1 swingarm and put elkas all the way around in need of some serious help and you seem to have the answers thanks

Livin4Real
03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
if your getting an extended swingarm get a +2. A +1 won't make very much difference.

kasea90cc
03-28-2006, 07:20 PM
mxdad were the shock mounts to the frame weld a cross bar same size about 3ins in front of that then two flat stock 1 1/2 by 3/16s inbetween the two ,drill bolt hole first and weld a nut to one side of the flat stock before welding all together, moving shock forward will lower and soften the ride ;) then take your ster stem out and cut 3/16 off each side of the stop "just 3/16" no more, this will let the quad turn sharper "needed on this quad" you dont want a longer swingarm this quad is allready long enough but you do want to gussit the swingarm "chain side"and hummmmmmmmm that will probably do it, when we first got the aasco "race ready" "not" but after making these mods and a few others ,well this quad has turned out to be a great quad for us, son is flying on this thing and getting faster every race , he credits his mechanic :D :macho

mxdad789
03-28-2006, 08:48 PM
Kasea 90cc thanks for your help that makes sense yes i have already cut the sterring stem which helped tremendous. I appreciate your help people like you make life alot easier and now with that help on the shock alot cheaper thanks :D

kasea90cc
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
hey mxdad my sons last race today for the season went very well,aasco tore up the mod 90 class other than 1 thats on a hetricks jb quad, and these are kids that are winning the worcs races ,look it up, kids from washington state, so the aasco is doing just fine for us.

nathon 7 5 series wins

mxdad789
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
kasea 90 my daughter who is 8 destroyed hers on last wendsday i have to replace fromm the crank all the way out to the kickstart gears im pretty disappontied eastside of course is of no help so im redoing it all with hetrick im getting rid of everything except the top end on it pipe clutch crankshaft all the way over to the kick start gears,sheaves rollers everything is trashed. Impex who sells these to eastside is also worthless. 1 race took second and second race took third went to practice wendsday made it about 100 feet and everthing went to crap.

mxdad789
04-02-2006, 09:02 PM
kasea 90 congrats to your son post a link or let me know how to look it up thanks

kasea90cc
04-02-2006, 09:06 PM
mxdad sorry to hear that "been there done that" but when your done she'll like it ,the frame geometry works great, are son is flying on this thang, every race hes getting faster, the kids from are local track are the same kids that are winning the worcs races "there fast" today nathon kicked there buts except one witch is on a jb hetricks quad ,so fix hers up and stick with it and i'll keep you posted on any mods im doing .

oakwood racing , where the fast kids play

washington state