PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Resevoir Screws

ST87
03-23-2006, 02:38 PM
ive try to take them off to put more fluid in the rez and ive pretty much stipped them out is there any trick to gettin them out this is the first time ive tried puttin fluid in there and those bolts are in there good.

nosliw
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
i actually picked some up yesterday. they strip out real easy. try a different size driver, easy out, reverse drill bit, ect... do a search on bolt extraction.

hondamanex400
03-23-2006, 02:54 PM
mine are stripped out also, but i would jest drill and tap em or something of the sort. but, who needs brakes? they do nothing but slow you down:) ...lol

exrider23
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
are u talkin about the thing on the handlears....mine are stripped too it needs filled...what should i do

Rip_Tear
03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
I did this last week. I just drilled the tops off, start with a small drill and try to get as center as possible, then go up to at the biggest the size of the head of the screw. I Think I only had to drill up to a 3/16" and the heads popped right off, then I took the cap off and unscrewed the rest by hand. Now I found some screws that stick out of the cap so I can use pliers or something if I need to.

ST87
03-23-2006, 07:06 PM
I didnt know that was a common problem im realived to know im not the only one. Mine arent completely stripped out but i stopped as soon as they started and i was puttin some muscle into it and they werent budging honda made sure they werent comin out.