PDA

View Full Version : Donald Lysinger done racing????

bad01300ex
03-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Check this out.............

EDIT: the link didnt work, but his YFZ is on ebay

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 01:54 PM
From what I read in Harlen's write up from the latest MX National , he is done with racing . Seems he had an accident at the previous round that left him temporarilly paralized from the neck down and gave him quite a scare since he has a wife and a child ( or a child on the way) ... I can't remember which it is . A major accident can sometimes be an eye opener for some people ... I'm guessing that's what happened with him ...there's more to life than just racing.

bad01300ex
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Yea i read that on the macon thread.......

i guess he decided it was time to call it quits

Mxjunkie
03-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Damn.. maybe he will come back like spader did?

NacsMXer
03-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Damn.. maybe he will come back like spader did?

Spader only took a break to go back to college and get a physical therapy master's degree. Lysinger probably won't be back for a while after a scare like that with a new family and all..

fasterz
03-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Sadly it looks like his pro racing career is ended for now. He said its a break but we wont know for sure. Personally i thought he was the nicest pro. I still remember congraduatling him on his decision to turn pro. Hes got some other things going on in his life that are important though. Hopefully well see him back soon!:macho He always puts on a good show at the local races around here im gonna miss it.

03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
That sucks, he was fast as hell.

I can proudly say I got roosted by him at e-town.

blasterkid
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
i now own the bike as of tonight. donnys still going to all the nats and what not so dont worry guys hes not leavin our sport. also hes keepin his other bike so he can ride with us at atco this year

Pappy
03-23-2006, 07:21 PM
i hate to hear this, but I respect his decision...best of luck to ya!

Robin Hood
03-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
That sucks, he was fast as hell.

I can proudly say I got roosted by him at e-town.

Haha ditto, I ate some of his roost at NJORVP last year. Busted a tie rod on my raptor and he hooked me up in 10 minutes. I hope he gets better.

alberndt
03-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Last year at Red Bud while walking though the pits I stopped to take pics of his quad and had a chance to talk to him. I have to say he is one of the nicest racers I 've ever met. Good Luck in the future Don.

JR3
03-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Yea donnys done but he is still gonna practice around here locally and race here locally.

jrd426
03-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
Spader only took a break to go back to college and get a physical therapy master's degree. Lysinger probably won't be back for a while after a scare like that with a new family and all.. no,travis graduated collage the same year he won the national championship.he gave up racing because he got married and wanted to focus on his therapy buisness.thats why he gave up racing for a short period!!!

400grl
03-24-2006, 10:13 AM
You know, I certainly can't blame him. If I were faced with the fear that I might be paralyzed....then given a second chance at NOT being paralyzed......with a new family to support......you bet I'd be doing the same thing. Good luck to him !!!!

fasterz
03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by blasterkid
i now own the bike as of tonight. donnys still going to all the nats and what not so dont worry guys hes not leavin our sport. also hes keepin his other bike so he can ride with us at atco this year

damn man, leric told me last night u were gettin it, thats badass, u selling the natalie bike now? ill ttyl sucks you cant go to budds

blasterkid
03-25-2006, 09:51 AM
yea the natalie bike im gona part out becuase im gona keep a lot of the parts for extras. yea man screw the sat's there a bunch of crap any way