PDA

View Full Version : banshee tranny?

stalefish_132
03-23-2006, 12:24 PM
ok one of my buddies has a banshee thats stuck in 4th. we were trying ot figure out what was was wrong and my best guess is shift forks? any ideas? its stuck in 4th and won't shift up or down.

thanks
Jordan

03-24-2006, 11:01 AM
yea its probably the shift forks tear it down and see

underpowered
03-24-2006, 11:07 AM
shift forks, or the shift arm (one that ratchets the star) could be broke. we have had one flip around on a banshee before.

wilkin250r
03-24-2006, 11:49 AM
I understand that you'd like information, but honestly, what good does it do you? Whether it's the shift fork, shift arm, or even a piece of debris, the solutions all start the exact same way. Gotta tear it down. Once you get in there, you'll have the definite solution.

underpowered
03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I understand that you'd like information, but honestly, what good does it do you? Whether it's the shift fork, shift arm, or even a piece of debris, the solutions all start the exact same way. Gotta tear it down. Once you get in there, you'll have the definite solution.

Not entirerly, Yes you will have to tear it down, but not nessecarily split the cases. if it is the shift arm, it is a simple $38 fix by replacing the shifter shaft. You will have to tear it down to and extent, but i would check this first since it is a much simpler fix and does not require pulling the motor.