PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Yamaha Sleds...

ShiftFMX
03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Tonight at my work (Marriott), Theres going to be a yamaha show with all the new 2007 Sleds. If anyone is interested I will bring my camera and get some pics, just lemme know! I wish they would have the quads...oh well, sleds rock too!

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Tonight at my work (Marriott), Theres going to be a yamaha show with all the new 2007 Sleds. If anyone is interested I will bring my camera and get some pics, just lemme know! I wish they would have the quads...oh well, sleds rock too!

Wait until you see the new Yamaha Phazer in person . Very odd looking sled ..... kind of a combo between a quad, a dirtbike and a sled .... and is aimed at the snowcross market . I've watched some short video of it and it looks pretty impressive . :cool:

ShiftFMX
03-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, the rep that was there last night told me it was the lightest ever

400exrider707
03-23-2006, 11:04 AM
I really didn't like them at all...... they had one prototype race sled there that was pretty sick looling, especially with the centermounted exhaust coming out beneath the seat. Looked pretty trick. I saw them a couple of weeks ago out here in Utica NY.

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Gunna be cramped working on one of them .

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/sno/500/07_phaser_fx_blue_6-4.jpg
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/sno/500/Phazer-FX-Action-22.jpg
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/sno/500/Phazer-FX-Action-21.jpg

My uncle is supposed to buy one for my cousin for next year , so that she can do some aggressive trail riding/ditch banging .

Myself I'd still prefer a Ski-Doo ... especially now that people can choose either a 600 or 800 stuffed into an MXZX REV 440 race chassis straight from the Factory . :devil:

http://www.ski-doo.com/NR/rdonlyres/D41E88A1-0F4E-4DAD-85AD-98B4B1D091E1/0/Bkg_03_Medium.jpg
http://www.ski-doo.com/NR/rdonlyres/EE5170F1-9B6C-4808-ABD1-6F7BB5294F90/0/Bkg_02_Medium.jpg

400exrider707
03-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I'll get some pics up of the show sleds when I get back to my dorm later....

Thats a sick lookin ski-doo by the way....at least it doesn't look like a blaster on a sled chassis.

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707

Thats a sick lookin ski-doo by the way....at least it doesn't look like a blaster on a sled chassis.

I said the same thing when I first saw it . It looks like a Blaster !! I'm anxious to see how it will perform though ..... it looks LIGHT so I'm sure guys will be launching it pretty good . Finally after years of sitting on the sidelines , Yamaha decides to enter the snowcross market .... but they better hope they got the right combo , cuz Ski-Doo has years of snowcross R&D behind them already . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next season I have a nice ski-doo sitting in the garage and since I'm buddies with the guy that owns the local ski-doo dealership , I hope he can give me a break on the $14 000 price tag. :ermm:

400exrider707
03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I said the same thing when I first saw it . It looks like a Blaster !! I'm anxious to see how it will perform though ..... it looks LIGHT so I'm sure guys will be launching it pretty good . Finally after years of sitting on the sidelines , Yamaha decides to enter the snowcross market .... but they better hope they got the right combo , cuz Ski-Doo has years of snowcross R&D behind them already . I'm keeping my fingers crossed that next season I have a nice ski-doo sitting in the garage and since I'm buddies with the guy that owns the local ski-doo dealership , I hope he can give me a break on the $14 000 price tag. :ermm:

Yeah the new yamaha is also very easy to lay over on its side which would be great for snocross. It just leans right in when you shift your weight. Just ugly thats all.

NacsMXer
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
That Yammi actually looks kinda cool, definitely different from anything else i've seen yet. I'm a die hard Ski-Doo guy too btw. Looks almost like a mid size sled, but super light just by looking at it.

Evana13
03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
IT LOOKS TINY COMPARED TO OTHER SLEDS

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
That Yammi actually looks kinda cool, definitely different from anything else i've seen yet. I'm a die hard Ski-Doo guy too btw. Looks almost like a mid size sled, but super light just by looking at it.

It's dimensions are pretty much on par with a quad ..... with the length being a bit more ... here's the specs from Yammy's website . I tried to pull up the new Ski-Doo's specs , but the ski-doo website doesn't have them listed at the moment .

MSRP* $7,199 Available from June 2006

Engine
Type / Displacement / cc Four-stroke, 499cc

Cylinders Two

Cooling Liquid

Bore & Stroke / mm 77 X 53.6

Intake Design 3 Valves

Carburetion 43mm Keihin, Fuel Injection

Ignition Digital T.C.I. w/Throttle Position Sensor

Exhaust Rear Exhaust

Clutch / Transmission YPZ, Variable Ratio, Electronic Shift

Disc. Brake Type 2-Piston Hydraulic

Chassis
Front Suspension Independent, Double Wishbone

Front Shocks 40mm HPG, Piggyback Clicker, Compression and Rebound

Front Travel / in. 10"

Ski Type Lightweight Plastic, Saddleless Design

Carbide Ski Runners Standard

Stabilizer Bar Standard

Rear Suspension ProActive CK Torsion Spring

Rear Shocks KYB HPG, Aluminum

Rear Travel / in. 16.1"

Dimensions
Overall Length / in. 111"

Overall Width / in. 48"

Overall Height / in. 46.9"

Track/Width x Length x Height / in. 14" x 121" x 1.0" Camoplast Rip Saw™

Estimated Dry Weight Spec Not Available

Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in. 42"

Fuel Capacity / Gal. 8.1

Fuel Type Regular Unleaded

Oil Capacity / Qts. N/A

Engine Oil Type Yamalube 4, 0w-30, Cold Weather Formula

Features
Electric Start Standard

Reverse Standard

Hand & Thumb Warmers 10 Position Adjustable, Separate

Windshield Height Low

Mirrors N/A

Seating Capacity One

Backrest N/A

Rear Carrier Rack N/A

Tow Hitch N/A

Tunnel Protectors Optional

Headlight Watts, Type 60/55W Halogen X 2

High Beam Indicator Standard

Oil & Temp Light Standard

Fuel Gauge Type Electric (LCD), Low Fuel Warning Light

Speedometer Standard (LCD, Digital)

Odometer Standard (LCD Display)

Tripmeter Standard, Dual (Large LCD Display)

Tachometer Standard (LCD Display)

DC Outlet Optional

Color Team Yamaha Blue/White, Navy Blue/Khaki

Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)

PolarisRider
03-23-2006, 04:01 PM
at least im not the only one that thought it looked like a blaster:devil:

NacsMXer
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Anyone know a ballpark of what kind of HP we're talking about with that Yammi?

theTman
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
i acually like the yami...i saw it on some show yesterday on OLN, looks nice

MotoX3
03-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Anyone know a ballpark of what kind of HP we're talking about with that Yammi? 80 I belive.....Ill be cool when people are riding them down the trail and we bust out our '91 Phazer:scary: :scary:

Quad18star
03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Anyone know a ballpark of what kind of HP we're talking about with that Yammi?

80 HP ..... rev limit of over 11 000 RPM . This little four stroke is going to be screaming on the snow . :eek2:

Fred55
03-23-2006, 07:36 PM
The Phazers engine is two YZ250F cylinders together. Sound sound pretty sweet!