View Full Version : explain a arms to me please

Hondaboy007
03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
so what does the +2 in a arms mean? does it mean i need to get new shocks or are the arms just 2 inches longer.....please explain......thanks

300exOH
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
+2 means each a arm is 2 inches longer than stock. If you run +2 a arms you will need shocks set up for them or they will be very soft.

gbcap
03-23-2006, 07:19 AM
it also depends on if you want long travel or standard travel. if you want LT you need to get new shocks. if you keep standard travel you don't need new shocks but it would be a good idea to get your stock shocks revalved. tell the company that is revalving them that you have a certain a-arm and they will match the shock to that arm.

yes, +2 means the bike will be 4 inches wider. 2 on each side. if you go that wide up front it is a good idea to widen the rear, either with different offset wheels or a wider axle. this will help with pushin in the corner. if the rear is to narrow it will push like crazy. but you don't want to make the rear wider then the front. you want it ab out .5 to and inch narrower.

1fst400
03-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Im running +2 a-arms up front. +4 axle out back. No complaints.

PismoLocal
03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I ran a +4 axle for 6 months befor i moved to a +2 setup and i like how it felt haveing the rear wider. It was fun sliding around corners and such.