PDA

View Full Version : 300EX JETTS...Cutting out, on top..&back fire.

BoneBreaker
03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
D.G. complete, No airbox lid, Uni filter
Located in Central Mississippi.
....I think i have a 132 main.

Where should i start.
...The Bike runs good untill top...well, it sputters a little at the top of each gear....i'm not over reving...i've been riding for a while.

"BLAHH"300!!:blah: .....My arms better ready to ride again.

I wanna bust into this thing tomarrow.

BoneBreaker
03-22-2006, 09:24 PM
.20 over wiesco hi-comp piston.
all-around web cam, plus whats listed above.

bradley300
03-23-2006, 05:18 AM
sputters on top or cuts out? sputtering it needs a smaler main jet, cutting out it needs a bigger one

Sjorge450R
03-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
sputters on top or cuts out? sputtering it needs a smaler main jet, cutting out it needs a bigger one

you beat me too it. With what you have you should be very close try a 130.

bwamos
03-23-2006, 08:15 AM
aYE.. 130-132 is what I reccomend for your system, minus the cam and .020 HC piston. With the higher flow cam and 11:1 piston, you may need to bump up to a 136. I'm assuming you're 11:1???

Put your needle clip in slot 4. 1 is slot on the blunt end, 6 is the slot on the tapered end.

May look into a 42 pilot for your idle circuit, probably ok with the stock pilot, but a 42 should help.

As for the air screw, (on the bottom of the carb) you want to turn it in until it lightly seats, then turn it out 1 turn. Increase your idle a couple hundred rpms (so it wont die). Turn out the screw a 1/4 turn at a time (giving the engine time to adjust) until you're engine stops increasing in rpms.

BoneBreaker
03-23-2006, 10:07 AM
..and pops......I'm Waking a sleeping Demon here

bwamos....You draw a good picture.
good info

BoneBreaker
03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
thought i had everything in order, untill i toped off my tank....Now I have gas, pouring from a hole on the back side of my carb.

Is this over flow?....So is my float stuck?...how to fix?

I think it's the same hole that leakes while in a wheelie...though i've never had the pleasure of looking under there while tackling one of these manuvers.

Also, when i stab the throttle, it goes dead untill i let off.

bwamos
03-24-2006, 07:06 AM
If you just cleaned, the carb give it a smack with the plastic handle of a screwdriver.

Sometimes the float or needle will stick open from a cleaning.

If that doesn't fix it, either your float is out of adjustment, or your float valve is worn. Or, if it hasn't been cleaned lately, the carb may just be gummed up from sitting.