VForce2 reeds W/out a spacer but I do have a spacer
180 main
58 pilot
needle, clip in the fourth slot, from the top
Lid off the air box
POS uni filter, Will be getting a K&N w outerwears
BR8ES plug gaped at .028, tried .020 and had similar effects
Now the problem:

The bike has goobs of power once you get to it , I just put the pipe and reeds on it and it made a huge difference.

When I hit the throttle it kinda breaks up getting into the pipe for a second, not breaking up but just an annoying stutter.

When I'm WOT ripping around and let off the throttle I get a erattic idle for a couple seconds like its running lean. Just like it does when it run out of fuel.

It doesn't fall on its face at all on top end so its not losing fuel.

When I got the bike it had a 170 in it and it was worse getting into the pipe so I went to a 165 and took it out and ran it hard and the idle was real bad when you got off the throttle so I went up to the 180 thinkling it was to lean.

I want to try the reed spacer in there because I was told it will give you more bottom end responce.

Its driving me nuts and just going back and forth with the main.

Eddiesanders250
03-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Ive also heard the reed spacer does give more bottom, something cheap you can try.

beerock
03-22-2006, 08:57 PM
you want mroe power? throw away that trx6 yuck

you really need a nice pwk

if you want mroe bottom end raise the compression.

you shoudl check your pilot and needle that might help me help you...

GOTFEAR
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I think your jeting is way off try this3rd clipe and 185 jet big bores use big jets and replace your plug

Tom TRX250R
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Have you tried a plug chop? What is the color of your plug?? The ESR TRX6 pipe isn't a bad pipe, there might be a better choice for a big bore but it is a good pipe for low end applications. I would definately recommend bumping up your compression and going with a PWK carb like Beerock stated above. The PWK definately helps with low end compared to the old school PJ's. I have tried both 38's on my R and definately was more pleased with the PWK.

hang1p
03-23-2006, 01:17 AM
i was running that carb on my 330 pilot was to big i had a 60 now i"m running a airstiker with a 50 pilot no sputter

hondardr4life
03-23-2006, 04:32 AM
I believe that I have a 38mm PJ on mine also. I am planning on switching to a 38mm airstriker soon. Does ti actually make that much more of a difference?? Also, can you run the 38mm airstriker with a boysen rad valve. Sorry to hijack the thread, i'm just curious about which carb is the best to be running.

Tom TRX250R
03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
I honestly noticed a difference with the low end from a 38 PJ to switching to the 38 PWK. Yes, you can run the Rad valve with a 38mm airstryker carb.