PDA

View Full Version : clutch arm problem

insaneracin2003
03-22-2006, 08:02 PM
my clutch arm is hitting my sparks head pipe,how do i correct this? should i put a dent into my head pipe for clearence? i have tried to fix the problem by the bolt on locations.heres a pic.

sprtrx300ex
03-23-2006, 05:48 AM
make sure you have both silencer bolts in, if your missing the lower mount bolt then it will hit, if you do then try loosening wiggling and re tightening. Other that that theres nothing you can do but bash in the header

insaneracin2003
03-23-2006, 09:11 AM
Does it look like the clutch arm is sticking out too much? I tried loosening the mounting bolts on the sub-frame and adjusting it that way but that didn't help.

nosliw
03-23-2006, 09:37 AM
there is no way in hell i would bash in that pretty header.

you can fudge the mounting spots a little bit?

*slim chance* but maybe the end of that clutch are can be grinded down without messing it up?

something must be wrong though, sparks wouldn't make something that would have issues like this.

EXevan91
03-23-2006, 09:47 AM
yeah remount it all together and see if its still got that problem and if u do consult sparks

insaneracin2003
03-23-2006, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nosliw
[B]there is no way in hell i would bash in that pretty header.

I agree 100%. I def. dont want to hurt the header in any way. i think i will remove then remount it to see if i did something wrong on the initial install......i bought the pipe in June or July of last year and i only rode the quad for about 3 hours total. the clutch started to slip when it gets warmed up so i guess it is not engaging all the way.........ya think sparks would give me a hard time....i will call them to see.do they have a web site i can send the pic to to see what they think?

bwamos
03-23-2006, 12:31 PM
www.sparksracing.com

Website is lame, but Curtis is a great guy. He'll do ya good. He knows his ATV's, not websites.. lol.

Dubzy14
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
that clutch lifter looks like its sitting to high in the motor, i think u should take off your clutch cover, and take a tiny magnet and stick it in the very centre of the clutch, there should be hole, and it will pull this rod over, and ur clutch lifter should drop, but i could be wrong, i had to do it with mine, but not for a pipe.