PDA

View Full Version : honda civic intake

eagledesigncorp
03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
what is the move with the civic intake ????? does it really make a big difference and what year honda civic intake will work

killen them all
03-23-2006, 11:57 AM
there is a thread on this

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215752

wolffie
03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
yes for a predator, it is an incredible mod! The stock intake on the predator is the biggest piece of ***** in the world! the predator's CV carb will react to the massive amounts of air velocity entering! this is a cheap mod and allows mind blowing acceleration. it is a bit of a pain to jet, but not too bad!

180mj, 50pj, 4rth slot on needle are ball park figures for jetting! yes, these numbers are huge!:D

yngve
04-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Can I use the stock exhaust ore do I have to change??

Do you use the air filter that follow when you buy it on ebay??

chronicareo
04-02-2006, 09:52 PM
i have an aftermarket pipe and im jetted for it if i put the civic intake mod do i still need to jet dude?

Blood500
04-02-2006, 10:11 PM
chronicareo ~ Yeh you will have to rejet agian.

yngve ~ you could keep the stock exhaust and use the civic intake sure, you will have to rejet, I dont know how goog it will work with the stock pipe, if oyu dont have the money for the pipe right now, check out the Billet end caps you can get off e-bay for the stock pipe. And yeh the filter that you get if you buy a kit on ebay is the one you can use, or get a bigger one if you want.

yngve
04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I have the CFM tip on. So I can use the Civic intake if I jet the carb, an re jet when i get an aftermarket pipe. Thats cool :)

Thanks

wolffie
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
the civic intake is good but it works best with a lighter more flowing exhaust. HMF sells good solid pipes for $215 on motosport.com! that is what i personally run and i would highly reccomend them!

yngve
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
HMF:blah:
In Norway you might say that you have trown you money out
the window if you buy HMF.

The only place you can drive are on a approved track.
NO other place. If they catch you driving in the wood you
could get up to $1000 penalty form the police.

Here the law say 96 db at 4500 rpm, so there blows the HMF:D

For me this is a "Low or no Budget" team for me and my daugther and I will first make my Pred wider before expensive pipe.
So i wonder about buying a dyno jet kit first because of the
CFM tip.
I was recomended to get 155 MJ and 50 PJ and a K&N.
So i bougth a KN drop in but i havent buy the MJ yet

wolffie
04-04-2006, 05:01 PM
HMF Sport* is very loud, but the QSR1 or whatever it is called is basically the sport series with a quiet canister. you can also buy quiet cores for the sport if you want (that is what i do!)

i would reccomend getting a clamp on intake system rather than K@N. its not that a drop in K@n is bad, its just that you will get more power and flow out of say a twin air clamp on off of www.nicholascycle.com also rathracing makes a kit on www.rathracing.com

but the cheapest way to go is to just buy a clamp on/universal K@n off of www.denniskirk.com for like $45! then just buy some hose clamps and strap the b!tch on!

velo3
04-05-2006, 10:17 AM
why is there another thread when theres already a 4 page thread on this?

either way with my ballance and when i had the civic, it was killer bottom end with the hmf and killer mid to top with the civic.... there was no going wrong. my riding conditions sucked though