PDA

View Full Version : nose dive?

fmfracing5
03-22-2006, 06:23 PM
well im just starting to do freestyle tricks and now have jump big enough to do them on and i have a blaster and im extremely use to it in the air and i can position it where i want for a landing because im use to racing now my question is i went to do a basic trick a no footer lol and i dont know what i did but i took my feet off and my quad nose dived and i couldnt figure out why and i know my thumb didnt slip the throttle or anything because i panic revved it to the front end back up so my question is what am i doing wrong

wolffie
03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
lean back more:confused: how big is the jump? is it a double or single?

you probably arent getting enough air, so right off of the take off you kicked your feet out early and lost your balance (hence why the front end dipped)

when i was teaching my bro how to do a no footer, he had similiar problems! just keep practicing at it:D

fmfracing5
03-22-2006, 06:40 PM
that sounds right because i do remember taking my feet off right after i left the jump, im just not use to doing tricks in the air but im use to flying through the air, so dont do the tricks right after you leave the jump or you will lose your control over the way the quad goes? the jump i jumping is double and the jump is about 5ft tall and 20ft long, and i almost ate it hardcore if it wasnt for the panic revv,, any other tips

Jakeyracer
03-25-2006, 12:22 AM
if at all posible to under stand try it: when you go to the jump preload as if u were gonna seat bounce but dont acctuly touch the seat once your in the air lean back an do ur stunt

srry i need spell check

TRX_450
03-25-2006, 12:56 PM
whats happening is that you are jumping up to late...let the quad take your feet off as you go off of the jump....your jumping and instead up liftin your legs up your're pushing down on the bars to get the extra height with your legs...do you understand? i used to do it but start slow and find the happy medium when to jump and learn not to press down on the bars

fmfracing5
03-26-2006, 09:09 PM
allright thanks for the help guys it helped alot, im selling my blaster here pretty soon and im looking at 2 250rs so ill be making way bigger jumps here soon, im trying to do a full times racer/ part time freestyler, so ill see how it all works out i just dont have enough room right now to do freestyle tricks but thanks for the help

Rider-trx_250ex
03-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Jakeyracer
if at all posible to under stand try it: when you go to the jump preload as if u were gonna seat bounce but dont acctuly touch the seat once your in the air lean back an do ur stunt

srry i need spell check

do what he said and giving it some gas while ur doing it will help too but dont case it!!!:blah:

hard one
03-30-2006, 09:36 AM
IF YOUR NOSE DIVING IT ME MEANS YOU ARE NOT GOING FAST ENOUGH OR LETTING OFF THE GAS, HIT THE JUMP EASY THE FIRST TIME THEN HAMMER IT AFTER YOU HAVE THE FEEL.

ON MY 300 I HAVE TO HIT STUFF FAST OR NOT MAKE IT AT ALL PLUS THE FRONT END IS SO LITE IT JUST GOES UP.

I HAVE JUST THE OPPOSITE PROBLEM I ALWAYS LAND TO FAR BACK BECUASE IT EASYER TO LAND BACK FIRST SO THE FRONT DOSENT HAVE TO SOAK UP AS MUCH WHEN YOU HAVE STOCK SHOCKS

KEEP TRYING YOU WILL GET BETTER!

quader400
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
first time i tried a trick same thing happend to me. it was because my mind was so set on the trick i forgot to pay attention to hitting the jump. i did not give it enough gas off the lip and in turn nose dived

fmfracing5
03-30-2006, 01:43 PM
i was deff. on the gas when i hit the jump i just lost my balance in mid air so it nose dived i got it all figured out now

Blue_Streak23
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
U R not going fast enough!:D

fmfracing5
04-07-2006, 12:17 AM
no trust me im going fast enough, my quad is geared for acceleration so im hitting it in 3rd gear pinned and weaving through trees lol and i was level when i was in the air intill i took my feet off thats when i started to nose dive