PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Honda TRX250ex
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I need some help guys. I need a new quad because im done with putting money into my 250x. I'm just gonna let it go. i want to get a newer quad, somthing like a Z400, KFX 400, 450r, or a YFZ. What would i have to do to get one from a dealer. Do i need to put a down payment on it? How much does it normally cost to make payments on it.
What would be my best choice?
I dont really want to spend no more than 5 grand.
Please help guys

jwick07
03-22-2006, 05:14 PM
sell the 250x and all the spare chit that you have layn' around for it because it is now worthless to you once you sell the quad. Take your cash that you got from sell all the parts and quad. Hopefully around $2000, and take that to the dealer. Do not trade in the quad youll get nothing for it from the dealer.

Like I said take cash in hand and wave that in front of his face. Let him know that if he works with you to get a good deal thats money in his hand today. They like cash trust me I worked in a shop one summer. If he wont come down on the price try to get some free stuff like a helment/goggle combo, jersey/pant combo. I got a helmet on my first purchase and gloves.

Once you have the deal worked out get the vin number, and a bill of sale from the dealer showing the cost of the quad and what you put down, then get a loan from an FDIC bank, dont go through Honda or what ever brand. FDIC banks report to credit companies and this will help get good credit. Have your parents cosign the loan to get a lower credit rate and payments and then take the check the bank gives you to the dealer and your set.

Dont miss payments and you should have it paid off in two years or so. And build your credit score as you go.

theTman
03-22-2006, 05:16 PM
gotta be over 18 to finace something...have your parents do it in there nameand just give them the payments..or look for a used 400ex/Z400

Honda TRX250ex
03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
sell the 250x and all the spare chit that you have layn' around for it because it is now worthless to you once you sell the quad. Take your cash that you got from sell all the parts and quad. Hopefully around $2000, and take that to the dealer. Do not trade in the quad youll get nothing for it from the dealer.

Like I said take cash in hand and wave that in front of his face. Let him know that if he works with you to get a good deal thats money in his hand today. They like cash trust me I worked in a shop one summer. If he wont come down on the price try to get some free stuff like a helment/goggle combo, jersey/pant combo. I got a helmet on my first purchase and gloves.

Once you have the deal worked out get the vin number, and a bill of sale from the dealer showing the cost of the quad and what you put down, then get a loan from an FDIC bank, dont go through Honda or what ever brand. FDIC banks report to credit companies and this will help get good credit. Have your parents cosign the loan to get a lower credit rate and payments and then take the check the bank gives you to the dealer and your set.

Dont miss payments and you should have it paid off in two years or so. And build your credit score as you go.

Thanks jwick07. How much would a 450r cost about? Any Other infomation would be helpful. Thanks

jwick07
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh payments will be around $150 to $200 depending on how much you put down and what interest rate you get and how long you take the loan for. Another reason not to go with factory credit is because they have really low interest rates for the first year or 18 months but then if you cant get it paid for in that time it goes up really high. Its their way of recovering their money from the introductry(sp) rate. A bank loan with good credit which is why I suggested a cosigner if a lower fixed rate so it will not jump 10 to 20% on you. And a FDIC bank will have no penalties if you pay off the loan balance sooner. Some banks or other form of loans will make you pay a certain amount of interest it you pay off the loan early, once again to recover the money they would be loosing.

Hope this helps

theTman
03-22-2006, 05:20 PM
i was gonna do payments on a 06 450r once i got a job, i still may, just dont feel like paying 200 every month and waiting 2 years until i acually own it....buying used is the way to go for me then i dont have to worry about being low on cash

03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
Thanks jwick07. How much would a 450r cost about? Any Other infomation would be helpful. Thanks

i know my parents arent fond over buying used chit (motorized vehicles especially) but i would def. get a 400ex. they are on the site goin for $2500 or less all day long. or u can get a slightly aftermarket yfz or r for $4500...IMO much better idea than buying new....

but heck, what do i know? i thought a pw80 was a 4 stroke :rolleyes:

jwick07
03-22-2006, 05:28 PM

Well I only put a grand down on mine, Got it for $6,100 so $5100 after down payment.
I have poor credit from wreckless college spending. So didnt get a great interest rate.
Took out a three year loan and make $200 a month payment on it. But I have a great banker and he included crazy insurance in the deal. So that if I get hurt while riding the quad and miss work and cant make a payment the bank will cover it and my American Family Insurance rate on the quad is lower because of this. My banker and insurance guy are good friends and kinda custom made the policy for me!!!! A big key to getting a loan. Find a small bank and get to know the pesident or some big wig. My guy is a Fraternity Brothers dad. And on a side bar my wifes $6,000 wedding ring was not even close to that because the lady is another Fraternity Brothers Mother!!!

400ex28
03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Buy used:o

Honda TRX250ex
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Can't buy it used because i don't have the money right away nor do i want to save it because i don't think i could last that long without riding:scary:

jwick07
03-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Not a big fan of buying used ATV's unless your looking for a project. U just dont know what your really getting and how it was maintained. Someone might have a lemon and then your stuck with their problems, and you cant just go get your money back from some con man that just screwed you.

theTman
03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Can't buy it used because i don't have the money right away nor do i want to save it because i don't think i could last that long without riding:scary:

:o i havent rode in 5-6 months except putting around on our utility....im going insane

PolarisRider
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Buy used from a dealer. Thats what i did and mines an 02 in perfect shape.

PR

Honda TRX250ex
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by jwick07
Not a big fan of buying used ATV's unless your looking for a project. U just dont know what your really getting and how it was maintained. Someone might have a lemon and then your stuck with their problems, and you cant just go get your money back from some con man that just screwed you.
That is excatly why i do not want to buy a used ATV. This 250x was used and man i did not have an idea of what i was getting into.

Honda TRX250ex
03-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider
Buy used from a dealer. Thats what i did and mines an 02 in perfect shape.

PR
Thats what I'm looking to do because I do not want to buy a brand new one.

jwick07
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Thats what I'm looking to do because I do not want to buy a brand new one.

What like the dealer knows how the previous owner maintained the quad??? Nope the dealer is as big of crook as they come, he is in the business to make money. With a used quad there are no warrinties. I worked in a shop I know what I'm talking about, we would get used quads in, change the oil, filters, wash and shine them good maybe change the plug and on the lot it goes.
We would ride them around a little to see if they ran but to a dealer used is used, and they normally dont care what aftermarket parts are on it either.