PDA

View Full Version : Water pump delemma

Cr85rRida
03-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok, I just recently put in the new bearing and oil seal, i have the new mech seal ready for istallation but i cant get it in. i dont wanna bang on it that will destroy it. I cant find a over size socket big enough to reach the diameter of the metal peice either. Any other ideas to get this in?

matt250r21
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
read the thread at the top of the 250R info page.

Cr85rRida
03-22-2006, 05:29 PM
i did i read the first couple of post then i posted a prob i had, any way any help?

beerock
03-22-2006, 08:05 PM
dude read the thread, it tells you how to press in the seal without hammering it in.

try to follow the directions CORRECTLY and make sure you put the new oil seal in before pressing in the new seal.

remember use the OLD seal on the back of the impeller when you press in the new one and then use some washers along withthe old seal once the mech seal is pressed in install the new impeller seal(white side facing OUT(so you can see it)-this part spins on the mech seal....

pleas eman, ive tried helping you i dont think you read things careful enough.

you said you read the how to but still cant figure it out?? hit me up on aim ill try to help if i can if not, maybe you need a profesional to install it.(someone who knows R's) other wise they may break your new mech seal

Cr85rRida
03-23-2006, 05:52 PM
whats your aim bee rock, i dont under stand what you mean by using the old seal and all this.