PDA

View Full Version : finally got my shocks

honda400zx
07-25-2002, 07:22 PM
i finally got my works shocks yeah yeah i no big deal works shocks. but i nworked 4 them and elka or pep jusy isnt 4 me i jusyt have one question y does it make a weird clunking sound when i pull up on the front end? other than that thats it they made a big difference:D

honda400zx
07-25-2002, 07:24 PM
another

Quadfather
07-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Mine have the infamous Works "clunk" when you pick up the front end as well. From what I hear, it's normal.

People here seem to badmouth Works shocks, but for the money I spent, and the difference it made on my quad, I am extremely happy.

user101
07-25-2002, 08:20 PM
yea the "works clunk" is totally normal

Clay
07-25-2002, 11:19 PM
That is normal. Every set of works ive ever seen do it, except for mine. I dont know why. The reason they do it, is because works doesn't put a rubber stop inside the shock for when it tops out (similar to the one at the bottom of the shaft for bottom out). I think all the other shock companys do and thats why they dont make the noise. Someone correct me if im wrong, but that is what i was told.

Stevo
07-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Yes i know what u mean by people bad mouthing them in here, but hey i like mine and they are 5 times better than stock!

The clunk is normal when u pick them up and there are spacers that rattle around that some people have had questions on as well but it's all normal.