PDA

View Full Version : 90

Scott-300ex
03-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Alright so I'm the local Quad fixer around here, they are usually carb problems, but I take wutever I get thrown at me. My mom works with guys that ride so I get all their projects.

A trx90 comes in the other day "Hard to start unless I spray stuff(Ether I guess) on the filter." I'm like ok, first, DON'T spray it on the filter. Then I took the carb and intake off, rebuilt the carb, and cleaned it and everything, I think the passageways in the petcock to the boal was clogged, thats wut it seemed like. So I got it all back on, air box tube to carb, intake to block, vent lines, petcock, and throttle cable. After quite a few pulls it ran, but it wouldn't run with the choke off for like 10-15 minutes, but it seemed like the throttle wasn't working, and there was no resistance. Like the wind would move the thumb throttle. I hooked it up right, lined up the grooves in the slide with the bore of the carb and tightened it. I think it was like that before though. So I just think they need a new cable so then you can prime it and pump the gas to get fuel in the cylinder to spark. I put a screwdriver to the carb and my ear and worked the throttle and I swear I heard the slide go up and down, but it didn't seem to work when it was running.

So any ideas?

1fst400
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
so is the carb slide getting stuck?

if so did u put the spring back in on top of the slide.

try taking a file to the score marks on the carb slide.

Scott-300ex
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok, he called me the other day and said it ran GREAT! He's like, "It never ran that good since it was new!"

I'm like "Sweet"

So I figured they didn't know wut they were talking about saying the throttle wasn't like that cuz I thought it was.

So now I'm like 20 for 20 on these quads and bikes, LoL.