PDA

View Full Version : warrior mods?

jb350warrior
03-22-2006, 01:51 PM
what are some good mods for a warrior to make the qaud more powerful for someone who wants low end? any ideas?

98warriorboy
03-23-2006, 09:40 AM
go with the 366 big bore kit, im goin to put one on my 98 warrior this fall!also a hotcam

250rider1
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
basic stuff like a pipe and filter. rejet the carb. go down on the gearing. but for the biggest bang, get a bore kit.

2muchquad
03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
what are some good mods for a warrior to make the qaud more powerful for someone who wants low end? any ideas?

i couldnt imagine you needing more low end,want size sprockets you running?what kind of condition is your engine in?warriors have lots of torque stock,most people were going with 15t cs sprockets to help stretch the gears some.a good exhaust will make a huge difference too:)

Ruby Soho
03-24-2006, 02:21 PM
pipe

jb350warrior
03-24-2006, 04:48 PM
thanks guys keep em commin the warrior has a big gun exhaust and a K&n. THe motor seems to be ok i just want more low end, I believe it is a jetting problem, seems like it is getting to much fuel or not enough air. Also how hard is the 366 bore kit to install, and does it need machine work?

hondapro300EX
03-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Man I would go all the way and get that 396 stroker kit. Thank Hot Rods makes it. Its only 550 for the kit. probly 200 to 500 to install thought. But still worth the dow.

They have it at motorsports.com

ja426ex19
03-26-2006, 09:22 PM
hey man i saw somethin the other day that gave me an idea for your warrior i was something like friends dont let friends ride yamahas ! right? you should just ditch the warrior and buy a honda!!!!!!!! just kidding i see your getting a lot of feed back i got the goods for the ex on friday its ganna be a beast in the woods caseys yfz better look th f*** out cause i am ganna eat him up!

DirtDevilBT
03-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Bluetraxx.com

Don't go 366, it bores the cylinder too thin. I have a couple of questions so we can narrow it down.

Do you mine running race gas?

How hands on are you?

What other mods do you have?

What is your budget?

I really like my set up and even run a 15 tooth sprocket.

ja426ex19
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
well i am hands on guy and have a good mechnical mind working on cars and such. I have never really worked on an atv or motorcycle but i am sure i can do it. Also i have a moderate budget, in other words i don't want to go cheap(****ty) but i don't won't this to be a money pit. I was considering a sprokket change to take off some of the top end for little low end. what would a good size be?

jb350warrior
03-27-2006, 03:15 PM
the above message was from me but it is on my buddies name

DirtDevilBT
03-27-2006, 11:55 PM
The sprocket will work well but you will find yourself shifting more often and faster, however, it will give a great bottem end even more. I think 14 is stock right? If it is I use the 15 with my set up but have heard that a one tooth down will help a lot.

If you don't already have the basics that's where I would start.

Find yourself a pipe like HMF, pro circuit, or whatever fits your budget.

Get a Pro Design filter kit with a UNI filter. This will turn the stock style filter mount into a clamp on filter. This is the best mod of any warrior or raptor 350 and makes sure you have the best seal.

Since you are into bottom end I would look at the Web cam .390. Just get the cam, u don't really need the springs. If you get the more aggressive mid-top end cam like the .430 you will want the springs.

Notice a trend? The piston I have is a very nice design without needing to worry about pinging. If you go with more compression you will need to watch you detonation.

The piston, pipe, filter kit, and cam will run you close to 560ish. You can install these on your own if you have a manual and the proper tools. I never worked on ATV's until I did my warrior, that also helped me do my 450r and have gone on from there.