PDA

View Full Version : taking the baffle out of pipe

Crxjim29
03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
i have a fmf full exhaust,and im thinking bout taking the baffle out,does anyone know how do do this and is it good to do?

03-24-2006, 11:04 AM
i wouldnt do it they make it like that for a reason. if its a stock pipe o yea do it but dont do taht to and aftermarket pipe.

Flynbryan19
03-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Its a waste of a perfectly good aftermarket exhaust. If it feels more corked up then it used to then repack it. I would NOT recommend just removing the baffle.... Above all else it just looks/sounds stupid.

Crxjim29
03-25-2006, 09:01 PM
ok thanx guys,whats the BEST aftermarket exhaust,Sparks?

03-26-2006, 08:38 AM
hmf

underpowered
03-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Crxjim29

it is a matter of opinion. everyone has their own idea of what is best, but there are a few that many will agree to stay away from: White bros. (mounts break), DG, and Cobra are all ones to stay clear of. other than that alot seem to be of great quality. HMF is a great pipe at a decent price, sparks is also one that alot of people seem to like, and many others make decent products as well. I say get an HMF.

tar
03-26-2006, 04:02 PM
I had a DG and I was just riding down the road one day and my bracket broke I wasn't jumping or anything either from now on I will stay away from DG/Cobra

Iliketogofast
03-26-2006, 05:23 PM
FMF pipes for four pokes have baffles? Anyway, like he said, it needs repacked.

bwamos
03-27-2006, 08:46 AM
Aye, aftermarket pipes dont have baffles.

They are almost all straight through systems with a preforated core.

He may be thinking of the spark arrestor. If so it can easily be removed from the HMF's for some more top end. I wouldn't reccomend it if you live in an area that's prone for forest or grass fires.

03-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Crxjim29

no such thing. and it depends what you want more too (low/mid/top end power???????)

but for bottom end the tc would probly be the best.

Iliketogofast
03-27-2006, 10:02 AM
The Sparks is a very good exhaust, and the Rossier is great too (As long as you have the right application... they don't make em for a lot of quads.) If you don't wanna spend too much, the T4 Canister from Procircuit is nice.

03-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by tar
I had a DG and I was just riding down the road one day and my bracket broke I wasn't jumping or anything either from now on I will stay away from DG/Cobra

my white bros pipe broke at all the welds except the top bracket.