PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problems

stock350raptor
03-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Here Recently my clutch has started slipping but it only does it when it is cold. IS that a sign of a clutch going out? OR can u adjust them more than just on the handle bars?

This Is A 2004 350 Raptor.

Blue_Streak23
03-22-2006, 01:23 PM
First of all, you do realize this is a raptor(660) forum right?HAHAH

Anyhow, I might be able to help you. My raptor has been doing the same thing. So..I went to the local dealership, in which I'm am friends with them and asked them for advise. My problem came out to be... because we changed the oil in it and put a heavier weight oil for the summer. So when it is cold the clutch slips under acceleration. But when it is warm, nothing happens. I don't know if this is your particular case, but if you changed your oil, it could be.

stock350raptor
03-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I bought some atv oil from autozone i have no clue if its good oil or not but its alot cheaper to get it from the dealer. The dealer said that it didnt really mattter unless it was synthetic. Im new to sports bikes so I dont know much.

Blue_Streak23
03-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Do you know the weight of the oil you used?

mdidonne
03-23-2006, 06:42 PM
my 05 raptor does the same thing. When its warmed up its perfectly fine. When its cold, I shift down into first and the quad moves foward then stalls. The dealer told me that its the clutch, we can't adjust it anymore. If I can deal with it for now, the do it. Sooner or later you will have to replace it anyways. So im just dealing with it for now. My quad is brand spankin new to. My warranty was only for 6months, imagine that ! LOL. Once its at normal temp, I have no problems. Leave it alone if you can deal with it.

stock350raptor
03-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Im not sure what wieght the oil is. All I know is it said for atvs i didnt even look for anything else.

Blue_Streak23
03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Next time, don't just go for the cheap then. You get what you buy!:D

tater_kamik
03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
it is a wet clutch, so it will have a tendency to slip until the oil is up to temp. as far as adjusting the cable, you can also adjust the cablewhere it mounts to the clutch lever deal on the motor. i dont know the proper term for it, sorry. if it engages correctly when it is warm, then i wouldnt adjust anything, rather let it warm up before you ride it hard to avoid early wear. i have to let my bike warm up the same way!