PDA

View Full Version : New Style TC Exhaust

TCracin440ex
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
man these things are fugly as hell....wonder if he still sells the shorty

https://www.managerslogin.com/sites/folder597/site_images_system/user/Honda_450_TCR_Stainless_Series.jpg

https://www.managerslogin.com/sites/folder597/site_images_system/user/Honda_450_TCR_Stainless_Series-silencer.jpg

https://www.managerslogin.com/sites/folder597/site_images_system/user/Yamaha_450_TCR_Stainless_Steel.jpg

FreekShow
03-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I kinda like it.:ermm: Has that sort of complicated look to it and I think it looks good.

03-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Yuck.

Nick110
03-22-2006, 12:18 PM
WOW. That is so ugly.

There is no more original TC engineering in that at all. No reverse megacone, no cool endcap, and its freaking long.

Based on the looks and no performance, if i saw it in a magazine i would turn the page.

It looks like all that Tom did was slap his sticker on the supertrap and put the discs on.

TCracin440ex
03-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
WOW. That is so ugly.

There is no more original TC engineering in that at all. No reverse megacone, no cool endcap, and its freaking long.

Based on the looks and no performance, if i saw it in a magazine i would turn the page.

It looks like all that Tom did was slap his sticker on the supertrap and put the discs on.

i know i wouldnt buy that ugly exhaust...id have to get me a sparks over that TC...now if he still makes the shorty then i would get a shorty...but damn TC is really making his exhausts uglier then home made soap...and it dont even look original at all he looks like he called up supertrapp and got them to ship him a ton of them exhaust and he just slapped a sticker on there and called it is....

dangle
03-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
i know i wouldnt buy that ugly exhaust...id have to get me a sparks over that TC...now if he still makes the shorty then i would get a shorty...but damn TC is really making his exhausts uglier then home made soap...and it dont even look original at all he looks like he called up supertrapp and got them to ship him a ton of them exhaust and he just slapped a sticker on there and called it is....

No he gutted it.. then slapped a sticker on it :o ... so not only does it sound like **** it's terrible on your motor...

Mike

dunny_mark
03-22-2006, 02:29 PM
How many discs are on that thing? Might as well run it with no discs or end cap!

Mxjunkie
03-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Say what you will but I honestly think hmf and sparks sound better then the tc shortys..

honduh440
03-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Say what you will but I honestly think hmf and sparks sound better then the tc shortys..

isnt that a fact?

the tc is just as annoying as the nmotion

4TraxRider
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
It does have an open end cap. My friend just got one a week ago. Really doesn't sound bad. it's made to pass the new sound restriciton at the track.:ermm:

400ex28
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
:scary: :scary:

Mxjunkie
03-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
isnt that a fact?

the tc is just as annoying as the nmotion

Yeah man, I love a rumble not a annouance.. It's Like guys with stright pipes on trucks. My buddys sparks on his 450r and the rossiers sound fuggin awesome!

Dave400ex
03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Tom needs to come up with something completely on his own, but I just saw in ATV Sport that he has some deal with Supertrapp to make some new exhaust, sadly I think that is it.

I had one on my 400, switched to the HMF, and there was a power increase for sure. I think the HMF, Sparks, Rossiers, etc are where it's at...

Rrider4life8
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
my yoshi is gutted out and is a stubby. It doesnt sound like whooter at all. If anything it made it sound better.

xx3003xrdrxx
03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by dangle
No he gutted it.. then slapped a sticker on it :o ... so not only does it sound like **** it's terrible on your motor...

Mike

Your an idiot

TCracin440ex
03-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Tom needs to come up with something completely on his own, but I just saw in ATV Sport that he has some deal with Supertrapp to make some new exhaust, sadly I think that is it.

I had one on my 400, switched to the HMF, and there was a power increase for sure. I think the HMF, Sparks, Rossiers, etc are where it's at...

i agree with you on creating something of his own hes been using the supertrapp design for way too long i think hes bein a cheap As$ and dont want to design something himself and just wants to use somebody else' design.....idk tho....i know after seeing that ugly mofo i will never own that exhaust ever....ill get a shyt brothers that falls appart and breaks before id get that ugly exhaust...

400ex28
03-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex

Yeah, I had the same one that you had then john had then I ended up selling it also.

coolex
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM

Mike

do u know this for a fact that this exhaust ruins your engine or if its gutted or are u just blowing smoke up our a*ses

Quad Boy 660r
03-22-2006, 06:08 PM

Mike

Well, I don't know about the last part, but I heard a TC shorty 3 weeks ago on a YFZ, man it sucked. I mean, I know I was a small facility (Motoplex) that echoed real bad, but dayum, that was just bad.

I have a gutted Pro Circuit SO on the Rap, and it sounds good IMO. I just need a headpipe and after that a rejet.

Mxjunkie
03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Yeah, I had the same one that you had then john had then I ended up selling it also.

Now my friend has it and annoys the piss out of me :p

ONEBAD400
03-22-2006, 06:19 PM
so ugly:grr:

dangle
03-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by coolex
do u know this for a fact that this exhaust ruins your engine or if its gutted or are u just blowing smoke up our a*ses

Well it's a straight exhaust... wich means there's virtually no back pressure except what you get from the header which is next to none... No backpressure= that popping sound when you let off the throttle much like with a gutted stock pipe.... that popping sound (backfiring) is the sound of cold air rushing back into your motor... cold air forced directly onto hot internal motor parts is a bad thing...

Mike

Honda#4
03-22-2006, 07:23 PM
i kind of like it but cut the guy some slack ok he makes great exhaust and u guys blow it down like a house how would u guys like it if u made stuff and everybody else hated it i think u would feel pretty bad about yourself show the man some respect for god sakes.

TCracin440ex
03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
i kind of like it but cut the guy some slack ok he makes great exhaust and u guys blow it down like a house how would u guys like it if u made stuff and everybody else hated it i think u would feel pretty bad about yourself show the man some respect for god sakes.

im just saying its fugly...everybody is entitle to their own opinions bro...there was somethin i found bad *** bout the old style shorty....looked like an innocent quiet exhaust until the machine was fired up...once it was fired up jesus was putting in his ear plugs!!

03-22-2006, 07:31 PM
I have total respect for Tom Carlson. But as far as I'm concerned Supertrapp is the lowest quality, worst performing exhaust on the market and I speak from personal experience. I have no idea why he would put his name on anything associated with Supertrapp.

Honda#4
03-22-2006, 07:39 PM
heres an idea why dont u guys e-mail him with ideas on how u would want a pipe made maybe then he would design a better pipe just a thought though.

TCracin440ex
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
heres an idea why dont u guys e-mail him with ideas on how u would want a pipe made maybe then he would design a better pipe just a thought though.

ok that would go over like a fart in a diving helment....i mean im just saying its ugly i didnt say anything about its performance im sure he proboally did some R&D on it before he would release it to the public im just saying its an ugly exhaust...

Diedrich
03-23-2006, 01:08 AM
that pipe is really ugly..the TC shorty is my fav. exhaust..i love the way they sound but i like my quads really loud...and for performance i think the TC are built mainly around torque cause alot of racers around here run em...if any one finds out if hes still making the shortys tell me cause im gonna be buying a pipe soon..also does anyone have any experience with the Nmotion pipe?

motochamp250
03-23-2006, 07:17 AM
ahh the results of the gay *** exhaust decibal rule....i mean who cares how loud your pipes are your on and enclosed mx course ahh i hate that rule:mad:

zeppelin
03-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250
ahh the results of the gay *** exhaust decibal rule....i mean who cares how loud your pipes are your on and enclosed mx course ahh i hate that rule:mad:
tree hugers...:rolleyes:

dangle
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by motochamp250

Longer sig. please?

Mike