PDA

View Full Version : Carrie416ex

HondaOnly
03-22-2006, 08:06 AM
EDIT: Read full thread. There were some other things going on behind the scenes that I was not aware of when I made the initial post.

Well on the 15th I sent Carrie payment for some axis shocks that were for sale here. He thanked me and said he would get them boxed up and shipped out asap. Well luck have it, two days after I purchased the shocks, I saw the entire walsh front end/shocks he was selling on ebay. So of course I was going to contact him. He replied with a message from ebay saying that he had canceled the auction due to outside sale. So I was very thankful thinking that he had stayed true to our deal outside of ebay.

Now its about 7 days later, the guy only lives about 80 miles away, in the same state for gods sake. No shocks have arrived, and I have tried sending him PM's asking for updates. He has been ignoring my messages and emails as I can see in the PM tracking box that they have been read and Carrie has been online. Right now I still have some faith in Carrie but am very upset about the lack of communication. I will change my opinion once I see the shocks.

Glamis400ex
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I'd be paying a visit at only 80 miles away.

HondaOnly
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
I think I just might do that. Its not like were dealing with a small amount of money either. Also if he scammed me, I am not looking forwards to dealing with paypal to get a refund if he does not do it voluntarily.

Rafikie
03-23-2006, 08:09 AM
How did you pay? sometime checks take up to 1 week to clear and there are some banks that will actualy put a hold on some M/Os. I wouldn't worry to much give it some time. besides if you ordered them from Axis you'd still have atleast 1 more month to wait. give her some time I'm sure she'll get your parts to you.

HondaOnly
03-23-2006, 08:15 AM
No, I paid instantly with paypal, it came from a credit card, and not from bank funds where there is a wait period, so it was received instantly. These were used axis shocks, second hand, but they were supposebly valved for my exact setup. I bought them because they were in good condition and were fully adjustable.

HondaOnly
03-23-2006, 08:21 AM
UPDATE: Carrie416ex has sent me a PM, I received it this morning. Since the items were listed on ebay as well, there were some complications with ebay. I will sit tight here as long as there is adequate communication in the meantime.

Glamis400ex
03-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Awesome...I still have a little faith in humanity.

kustomfab2003
03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I had great luck with Carrie416 as I stated in my PM. Also, I have found that sometimes Paypal doesn't release the money, even if paid by CC for up to 2 days. Best of luck, but I'm sure the transaction will be just fine.

-Josh

HondaOnly
03-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes, I have all faith in Carrie as I can see that there have been other successful deals he has been involved in. I am certaintly crossing my fingers that everything will work out as planned.

HondaOnly
03-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Right about now I am really confused. Carrie just sent me a refund, for what reason I am not sure. Like I was thinking, he probably sold the shocks on ebay after we had made our deal and did not want to tell me. He didnt want to sell me the shocks because I was going to give him less than he had hoped to get, but he had agreed to the price and a deal is a deal. Im not happy but at least I got my money back. Hopefully I will be able to find another decent pair of shocks for a good price.

HondaOnly
03-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Well I got the low down today. The kid who won the auction on ebay was being a total @ss to Carrie and made is so there was no choice but to sell the shocks. The kid got his parents involved and they started making threats to contact ebay etc. etc. and it doesnt sound like it was good at all. So our deal slid, Im not angry and am finally satisfied that I got the entire truth of the matter.

derekhonda
03-25-2006, 07:56 PM
still kind of a rough deal, glad you made it out ok though.

HondaOnly
03-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Yep, I know its been a pretty rough deal, just gotta put things behind me. And I am sure there is more than one pair of Axis Comp + Rebound Rezzy shocks valved for a 180lb mx rider on +3 a-arms in perfect condition out there. But none for that price I was going to get them for.

Glamis400ex
03-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Dude,

Look at it this way. He/she coulda sold the same set of shocks to 3 different people. Just be glad you didn't get hosed.

Glamis

fast300ex59
03-26-2006, 06:19 PM
i know someone who has some axis front shocks for sale for like 500 dollars