PDA

View Full Version : Spacers and shock rebuilds???

kineo3
03-22-2006, 06:04 AM
I am wanting to get my stock shocks rebuilt but can not afford a-arms and axle right away. My question is if I have my shocks rebuilt for +2 front and +4 back and just run spacers until I save some coin to buy the right stuff will the quad/shocks react similar to actually having a-arms and axle? Or would I have to have another revalve/respring when I get the real stuff??

dead eye 00
03-22-2006, 09:03 AM
dont waste your money on spacers. if you do you will be buying an axle shortly after because you will bend your stock one. i learned the expensive way.

400exrider707
03-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by kineo3
I am wanting to get my stock shocks rebuilt but can not afford a-arms and axle right away. My question is if I have my shocks rebuilt for +2 front and +4 back and just run spacers until I save some coin to buy the right stuff will the quad/shocks react similar to actually having a-arms and axle? Or would I have to have another revalve/respring when I get the real stuff??

The rear will work, because you only setup for a longer swingarm in the rear, not for wider axles. Wheel spacers in theory will not add any leverage to your arms, so you will need to have them setup for stock width initially, and then revalved for your arms. Dont bother though wheel spacers are a waste.....