PDA

View Full Version : Need lots of INFO

smaze05
03-22-2006, 02:20 AM
Hey all, just recently purchased a 03 kfx 400. Its in great condition and less than 40 hrs on it. Ive always rode atvs but never had one like this. I have just a few questions on like the anitfreeze/engine coolant. What do u all advise to use and is any atv antifreeze alright to use. I talked to a dealer and they said any atv antifreeze will work just dont use car antifreeze. Also i was wondering what extras i should put on it. Im totally lost when it comes to this. Im lookin for some skid plates but im not really wanting to put a whole lot on it. Ill just b riding it around my farm and a few trails. Im not really sure about a pipe cuz i want to keep it somewhat quiet so my neighbors wont b complaining, but i wouldnt mind the performance. Need all advise i can get. It will be greatly appreciate. Thanks

PeeWee21
03-22-2006, 05:30 AM
Go to www.z400central.com if you want info on a Z/KFX/DVX.

4TraxRider
03-23-2006, 04:06 PM
First off, get some evans coolant for it. If your looking for minor ugrades, you'll probably want a slip-on exhaust and a jet kit. If you want something quiet id really reccomend the Dr. D with or without the quiet core. I love mine. New tires should be on your list as well due to the fact that the stock radials wear out quickly. Good luck with your new bike!:)

smaze05
03-23-2006, 07:59 PM
hey thanks alot for the info it all sounds good, now time to spend some money. lol.

Lolli2
03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
You can put some Honda 450R stock shocks on it. It'd be a lot cheaper than aftermarket and they work great on the Z400. We have 3 sets of them, lol. We paid anywhere from $150-$220 for each set. Watch the for sale section and ebay.