PDA

View Full Version : Removing Ball joint frame spindle

250-R-250
03-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Is there an easy way to do this? Whenever I go to turn the nut to get the ball joint off, the whole shaft spints(BALL). I tried to get some vice grips to hold the shaft but its too small of an area. Any Ideas.

woodsman250r
03-22-2006, 07:07 PM
OK I will try to explain this the best I can. Get a bolt that will fit inside of the spindle flush against both ends of the ball joint threads. Make sure that there is a nut on the very end of the bolt and put it flush against the end of the ball joint you are wanting to get out. The bolt you put in the spindle should have a hex head and so you can get a wrench on it. Once you have a wrench on the bottom of the bolt put a wrench on the nut and begin to turn them. The pressure of the nut moving up on the bolt will be enough to move the ball joint out of the spindle and this way you wont damage the threads or spindle by having to pound it out with a hammer.

beerock
03-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
OK I will try to explain this the best I can. Get a bolt that will fit inside of the spindle flush against both ends of the ball joint threads. Make sure that there is a nut on the very end of the bolt and put it flush against the end of the ball joint you are wanting to get out. The bolt you put in the spindle should have a hex head and so you can get a wrench on it. Once you have a wrench on the bottom of the bolt put a wrench on the nut and begin to turn them. The pressure of the nut moving up on the bolt will be enough to move the ball joint out of the spindle and this way you wont damage the threads or spindle by having to pound it out with a hammer.

hey hey hey look who it is, hehe i have a pic of exactly what your talking about bro.....

btw i still havent used that amsoil(my damn back)

found it

250-R-250
03-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Thanks alot, that might come in handy, but its not excactly what I need. See, I cant get that bolt loos in the first place, I can spin it, but the hole ball joint spins(SHAFT THAT THE BOLT IS CONNECTED TOO, I need a way to stop that shaft from spinning so I can loosin the bolt.

beerock
03-22-2006, 09:36 PM
use a hammer and hit the nut with a good blow with the 12 point part of the wrench holding the nut.

250-R-250
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Yea, I really dont get what your saying.....i'll just beat the **** outta it and see what happens:devil:

woodsman250r
03-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Whats up Beerock? Yea I read about your back man, that sucks and I hope you get it worked out. But yea that pic is what I was trying to explain. However if the nut is stuck on the ball joint get a big C clamp and tighten it so applies pressure on the spindle part towards the ball join so you can turn the nut without it spinning.

beerock
03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
Whats up Beerock? Yea I read about your back man, that sucks and I hope you get it worked out. But yea that pic is what I was trying to explain. However if the nut is stuck on the ball joint get a big C clamp and tighten it so applies pressure on the spindle part towards the ball join so you can turn the nut without it spinning.

good idea

250r

i meant, put a 17mm(i think) WRENCH on the nut(the 12 point side of the wrench so you dont have to hold it. and wack the wrench with a hammer at the other end.

this is if your having trouble loosening it. but you said its spinning so maybe if you do what woodsman said it will come out by hand, if not, you have a tip already if that happens.

im hanging in there, im taking my downtime in stride and im trying to set up a couple buisness ventures into one company

euro tuner parts accesories, atv parts and accesories and HOME theater lol