PDA

View Full Version : Night Terrors

1fst400
03-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Anyone have night terrors? I'm not exactly shure what they are. But I think I get them.

I read up on them, and it seems that it is basically a bad dream, that isnt bad at all.

Seems I get them only when I am extremely tired. I wake up and think I am dead or somthing.

My last one, dont laugh. but was a piston going into a cylinder, I threw it and was soposed to get it into the cylinder??? dident make it and it was like the end of the world or somthing.. Makes absolutly NO scence to me..

My other one had somthing to do with a laundry basket:confused: .

sounds pretty dumb. But several times I have been heard waking up screaming at the top of my lungs, often times swearing. I dont swear in normal speech either, or very rarely.

Only thing I can really remember is the feeling that I wake up with, it is hard to explain, kinda like that feelin you get when you would say "Oh shoot" but like 100x worse.

Any one eltse get these that can help me out?

400exrules
03-21-2006, 08:59 PM
you mean, nightmares?

400ex28
03-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Ive had them a couple times but not an everynight thing for me.

Butters
03-21-2006, 09:01 PM
night terrors and nightmares are 2 different things. if you have night terrors after you are of age 10 or so something is wrong with you. i'm serious. usually it has to deal with your mind not functioning right. adults and teens can have nightmares, but don't have night terrors unless something is wrong.

o4250
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I usually have wierd dreams, then wake up with the flu:o :huh

z400roosteR
03-21-2006, 09:45 PM
Your possessed.....:devil:

Go take a pen and pad and go watch the exorcist and it will explain it all...

SGA
03-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Here, read up on night terrors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_terror_disorder

03-21-2006, 09:53 PM
i have really bad nightmares sometimes but i like them for some reason. I feel SOOOO good when I wake up and they arent true.

miller821
03-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
Your possessed.....:devil:

Go take a pen and pad and go watch the exorcist and it will explain it all...
Lol the exorcist of emily rose was a freaky one also. :eek:

miller821
03-21-2006, 09:56 PM
If it makes you guys feel better, all my dreams are good ones!:blah:

Butters
03-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SGA
Here, read up on night terrors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_terror_disorder

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/sleep/a/night_terrors.htm

so i said a little to much on the age, but for the most part i was actually right.

SGA
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
I wouldnt worry too much about it.
I talk, laugh and curse out loud when im asleep or sometimes fight people in my dreams, done it for at least 20 years. Ive really tripped some people out that were sleeping in the same room with me. Sometimes I wake up from weird or bad dreams, sometimes not. Whats weird is my dreams seem so real sometimes.

A couple of my close friends I camp with and stuff sometimes say, "Jesus, who in the hell were you fighting with last night? You woke us all up! " Or sometimes they say "Dam you laughed and talked out loud all night long!"
Im Like :confused: :D

SGA
03-21-2006, 10:15 PM
To me this is interesting reading.

From what I've read, the difference between a nightmare and a night terror basicly is:
A person having a nightmare CAN be woken up quickly and will be aware of thier surroundings and that they had a bad dream.

A person having a night terror CANNOT be woken up quickly(sometimes not at all) and will not be aware they are having a bad dream.

z400roosteR
03-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I wouldnt worry too much about it.
I talk, laugh and curse out loud when im asleep or sometimes fight people in my dreams, done it for at least 20 years. Ive really tripped some people out that were sleeping in the same room with me. Sometimes I wake up from weird or bad dreams, sometimes not. Whats weird is my dreams seem so real sometimes.

A couple of my close friends I camp with and stuff sometimes say, "Jesus, who in the hell were you fighting with last night? You woke us all up! " Or sometimes they say "Dam you laughed and talked outloud all night long!"
Im Like :confused: :D
ditto i have busted my knuckles up on my night stand a time or two:D
When i was younger i used to cuss up a storm my mom and dad would sit at my door and laugh their asses off and video tape it. I would always be yelling at my brother in my sleep telling him to F****** leave me alone calling him a F'n ******* etc.(the sad thing is i was like 12)

DieselBoy
03-21-2006, 10:25 PM
how bout when you have a nightmare and you wake up sweating?

03-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
how bout when you have a nightmare and you wake up sweating? is shes naked that aint a nightmare ;)

SGA
03-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
is shes naked that aint a nightmare ;)

Depends on who she is:scary:

03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by SGA
Depends on who she is:scary: of course of course.........:blah: