PDA

View Full Version : How to mount "Handguards"?

BornOnFire
07-25-2002, 04:43 PM
I think I got screwed by some a-hole on E-Bay. He was advertising UFO Handguards for sale and I E-Mailed him asking if they included mounting brackets. He said that they do but, when I get them today, it's just the plastic guards and nothing else!! Am I missing something here?

BornOnFire
07-25-2002, 05:48 PM
Little help here?????

Porkchop
07-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Yes your missing something, The aluminum bar..... those go on the outside of them

BornOnFire
07-25-2002, 06:51 PM
Thanks For the input. I figured that something was missing. I was wondering if anyone has these same guards. I can't find UFO's website. I've done the searches but only come up with distributors. I wonder if I can just buy the darn brackets and be done with it! I'm pretty P.O. 'ed at this E-Bay punk. I will have to unleash the fury and get him to refund my money!

Rastus
07-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Welp, tell that punk to give your money back, cause they dont have the mounting harware. Id make sure and see if he didnt make a mistake.You never know, maybe he forgot them, and they're coming :confused:

BornOnFire
07-25-2002, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I sent him a nice E-Mail asking him if he forgot to include them. But I have a suspicion that he's kind of a swindler. Maybe I shouldn't judge him but sometimes you just get a bad feeling about people.

Rastus
07-25-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I really hate it when i get swindled, it sucks.

id give him a couple days, and then go from there. That would really suck if your bashing him,etc. And the mounting hardware would come the next day.

BornOnFire
07-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I hope they show........for his benefit......:mad: :devil :mad:

07-26-2002, 10:29 AM
yeah, thier is an aluminum bar but those guards will have trouble fitting most atv style handlebars because thier designed for dirtbikes and the aluminum piece is very long and when u try to use that mounting position on atv bars the guards are on a angle like this \ /

BornOnFire
07-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Really? That's just my luck. The guy advertised them as "400EX ATV Handguards". I guess I got taken!!! Maybe he will give me my money back. Who Knows??:(