PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wont start in gear

weeman is #1
03-21-2006, 05:46 PM
well my 300 did start in gear when i pulled in the clutch but now magically it dosent start

when i pull in the clutch it dosen't turn over when i hit the start button so now when i start it i have to put it in neutral and thats a PAIN so .... is there some conection thats not there or what????

thanx for any help

honda460ex
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Yes, there is a sefety switch that honda puts on them to stop it from being started in gear without the clutch pulled in. Trace the wires to the clutch lever. Should be two wires. If you wire them together then it should fire up anytime, anyhow... Bad thing, if you have it in gear and hit that button without the clutch pulled in, it will lunge forward and try to start anyway. So either buy a new safety switch that the two wires run into on the clutch lever assembly, or just wire it direct and leave it if what I told you doesn't bother you about it trying to start even with the clutch not pulled in.

weeman is #1
03-21-2006, 07:39 PM
O I C thanx a lot:)

bwamos
03-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Also, if your bolt that holds the clutch lever to the perch backs out at all, the switch will stop working, as well. Happens on my riding partners 300ex all the time.