PDA

View Full Version : things just went from bad to worse

Xrider06
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Well I took my bottom end to the mechanic and he took it apart because I found out that the crank bearing was bad. He took it apart only to find out that it was much worse than just a crank bearing. It turns out the counterbalancer bearing is completely junk along with 1st gear and I also need a whole new left side case because it has a crack in it.
Now the guy told me that Honda doesn't sell just the counterbalancer bearing, I'd have to buy the whole counterbalancer. Does anyone know if any companies make just the bearing? Also does anyone know who sells side cases besides honda?

matt250r21
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM
East coast atv sells just the bearing, I hate pluging them though. A good machine shop can replace the bearing on the balancer. You could get the case welded if it isnt to bad by someone with a TIG welder. Service Honda might be the cheapest for new cases. If your balancer went out the bearing serface on the right case might also have play in it

greenman
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
eddie saders racing will replace the counter balancer bearing with a new bearing for a reasonable price they also have cases

Math
03-22-2006, 03:57 PM
You should replace the two gears (the small and the big one) that build your second speed.
When one of the two gear break, it do very costly dommage! The gear go trough the case and do a crank, pieces go everywhere in the trans (breaking other gears and/or bearings), etc
This is what appened on my older R...you can be sure I will never let an old second or third gear in one of my R engine :p