PDA

View Full Version : need help from ktm owners

Myke
07-25-2002, 03:30 PM
first off, i just got it

its a 1980 ktm 250

the carb doesnt want to take gas
in order for gas to go into it, you have to disconnect the fuel line at teh tank, and hold straight up and it will flow down slowly. when i start it, i nearly have to full throttle it to get it to run. if i let off the gas at all it will die, and when i just hold it there, it bogg's and wants to die

it seems like its vaporlocked

does anybody know how i could fix this?

id look in the manual, but its writtin in german

on another not, does anybody know were i could buy a manual for it? or a sight that i could print diagrams of any parts off it?

thanks, i really appreciate it

Zero Z400
07-28-2002, 12:39 PM
I think u need to clean ur carb and get some new fuel lines. Make sure ur fuel valve is on and check ur fuel filter. Last make sure ur gas tank isn't gummed up at the bottom.

Later

big-guy
07-28-2002, 12:57 PM
make sure the vent line to the tank is open. It may be time to replace the lines anyway. Just give everything a good cleaning, but do not, I repeat DO NOT poke anything into the jets and passages.

I can't help with the manual situation, KTM doen's seem to have a very strong customer service system here in the states. I needed a a rear hub, and was told it would cost $700, IF they could get one into the u.s. I can do a heck of a lot of machine work for $700!

Check out ktmusa.com and do a dealer search. I don't know what else to tell you.

Big guy

07-28-2002, 08:03 PM
thanks man

i asked on dirtbike.com and a guy hooked me up with a link to a sight that sells all the manuals for ktms all the way back to 72 i think

if anybody needs it, gimmy a holler

ive also cleaned everything on the bike, and took apart and cleaned the carb twice. tomarro im just going to take it to the ktm shop and let him fix it, because frankly... i just dont feel like ****ing with it any more:D