PDA

View Full Version : msd ignitions

papaw
07-25-2002, 02:52 PM
who has one and have you messed with it yet?mine is still at the default settings.i'm going to start throwing switches this weekend and see what i come up with.......

VegasEx'r
07-25-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm guessing you're one of the first to have it. Tall us all what you think of it.

papaw
07-25-2002, 05:14 PM
awesome low-mid with motor mods i have.topend is questionable but i am geared pretty low(14/39)will play with gearing this weekend,and play with the adjustable timing also.seems like i hit the limits pretty quick.if i can figure out all the switches i might be in business........

RED121572
07-25-2002, 06:46 PM
Hey Pap,

This might be a stupid question, but does it come with good instructions?

Heres another dumb question, do you need a laptop to program it at all???

Yea, let us know the results of your testing this weekend, like myself, there about 1,000 of us ready to buy one.

papaw
07-25-2002, 08:00 PM
it comes with good install instructions.but just a page on tuning it. basically is rpm charts with switches,and is on the back side of the box which is mounted so you have to take it apart to tune it.
i also have a lsr frame/sub-frame with a 89 250r grab bar.that is where they have it mounted,so i used the rest of the space on the upper sbub-frame rails inside my air box.so far i am very pleased with what i bought.....i also run huge main jets even b4 the msd and now my plug looks better than ever!!!!!!