PDA

View Full Version : Tune up

pastfast125
03-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Hey, I have an 05 z400, and I've had it for a few months, and never got the tune up nor had the valves adjusted:eek: I know I need to get this done soon. I would rather not take it to the dealer though. How hard is it for a newbie to 4 stroke motors to do this? What all do I need? I know I need feeler auges right? what else? HOw long does it take? I already have my plastics and gas tank off, so I figured this is as good a time as ever. Whaddya think?

IrideMHSC
03-21-2006, 03:43 PM
its not very hard at all... a top in freshen up is relatively simple... and While your down that far i recommend a 5-4 heavy duty cam chain itll only take you like 20 min more to replace it. If you need to find one call fastrax cycle and ATV here in Missouri. Norm will fix you up at a good price ill get you the number if you want.

pastfast125
03-21-2006, 04:02 PM
ehh, I'd rathe rnot spend any money right now if possible. I'm sure it's cheap, but if possible I'd rather just keep the stocker fer now. In a few months I'll probably go up to a webcam or osmething, and some other mods, so when I do that I'll switch to the heavy duty.

IrideMHSC
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
yea its up to you... its only like 68 bucks for the chain just so you know when you go to buy one wether it be in the future or whenever